Thread: Traveling to San Francisco

Post imported post

I'm traveling to SF next week for a conference, and I'm wondering if there's any point at all in taking a weapon. Is there any realistic scenario in which I could keep it usable for self-defense without breaking any laws?

Fortunately, the other major conference I attend every year is in Florida.

State Researcher

Post imported post

You can find most of what you need to know here. The only other thing to be wary of is mag capacity. You don't wanna get caught with a mag over 10 rd capacity here. Also, if you open carry in SF, expect a fairly high likelyhood of being unlawfully detained.

Here in CA exercising your right to self defense is a lot of work...
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    You can find most of what you need to know here. The only other thing to be wary of is mag capacity. You don't wanna get caught with a mag over 10 rd capacity here. Also, if you open carry in SF, expect a fairly high likelyhood of being unlawfully detained.
    Thanks.

I'm not going to OC; being arrested far from home while on a business trip is not my idea of a good time, no matter how wrongful the arrest.

Based on what I read in that flyer, if I rented a car I could carry the unloaded weapon in a locked box without risk, keeping the box accessible so I could quickly open it if needed. I'll have to decide if it's worth the hassle of having a car so that I can take my weapon and not have to leave it in the hotel.

Thanks again for the information.