• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help Save Gun World!!!

Johnyt101

imported post

We need your support!
The City Council of Wood Dale will meet on Thursday, April 17th, at 7:30 PM to decide whether or not we can open anew range in Wood Dale.
We would sincerely appreciate a turnout of customers and friends at this meeting to support ourcase for a'yes' vote.
The location is:
404 N. Wood Dale Road
Wood Dale, IL

At the zoning hearing, public comments were allowed.If you would like more information in this regard, feel free to contact by e-mail:
Barry: sosksports@aol.com
Tony: gwbushmasters@yahoo.com

Thank You !!

Ourphone number, 630-595-0310, is still active should you need assistance.

Johnyt101

imported post

Gun World was a gun store and range in Bensenville, IL until Daley got a chance to close another gun store because of the O'Hare expansion. If you live in the area please show up to the meeting in support of the good folks at Gun World! They were the least expensive range in Dupage and it would be a shame for them to go away. Its time we stood up and fought back aginst the anti freedom forces in Illinois!

Johnyt101

imported post

Here is an article from the Daily Herald.

Parents: No gun shop near Bensenville school
Gun World is looking to open store, range in Wood Dale

By Kat Zeman | Daily Herald StaffContact writer

Gina Lombardi doesn't hate guns.

She just doesn't want them sold near her children's school.

Gun World, which had to close its Bensenville location to make way for O'Hare International Airport expansion, is looking open a gun shop and shooting range in Wood Dale.

However, a group of residents are concerned about Gun World's choice for a location -- a building at 660 Pond Drive, across the street from Wood Dale Junior High School.

"I don't oppose the gun shop being in Wood Dale," said Lombardi, whose two children eventually will attend the school. "But I am not comfortable with the location they have chosen."

Lombardi, president of the PTO at Westview Elementary School in Wood Dale, said many parents are upset about the plans, largely because of the proposed gun shop's close proximity to the junior high school.

City council members are expected to discuss the proposal during their April 10 meeting. A final vote is slated to happen a week later.

Mayor Ken Johnson said he won't comment until he hears next month's presentation and has all the facts.

If approved, Gun World would be the second gun shop in Wood Dale. Thin Blue Line Inc., 362 Georgetown Square, is a police equipment retailer that also sells guns but doesn't have a shooting range.

Marshall Subach, an attorney representing Gun World, said plans call for the shop to have a virtual gun range used for tactical police training.

Gun World has been in business for more than 30 years, and its customers are mostly sportsmen and police personnel, Subach said.

"My client understands the concerns of the parents," Subach said. "But I think when they hear the testimony … Hopefully, it will ease many of the concerns. I think a lot of concerns arise out of misinformation and not having the entire picture."

Still, Wood Dale resident Kathy Martinez said she remains strongly opposed to the proposal.

"I just don't like guns," Martinez said. "I know the city needs businesses. However, this is the wrong business. Let them go somewhere else."

Nationally, firearm sales are a lucrative business that appears to be growing.

According to the Professional Gun Retailers Association, roughly 9.8 million guns were legally sold in 2006. Last year, that number increased to about 11.1 million.
-----------

This is what we are up agianst, people who dont know why they dont like guns. Parents who are afraid of opening a gun store across the street from a middle school. Last time I checked, middle school students can notbuy guns and what threat does Gun World really pose? Whats the difference if it was located across the street or a mile down the street? The patrons who go there are law abiding citizens and off duty police officers! Pleas come and show your support to help save Gun World!

dntchke

imported post

I think its about high time that we all stand up in unified voice in support of such establishments and fight against the brood of liberals who think that it is ok to tramplethe 230+ years of tradition this country has,backed by our constitutionally protected rights. Its also time for us to make ole Charles proud and prove his lifetime of fight for our rights was not in vein.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We had a similar report here in Henderson, NV following a recent string of school shootings (3 or 4 within 2 weeks). Fox 5 News showed a legally owned and operated gun store just a block from a high school. Parents were OUTRAGED the city could allow such a store to be so close to a school (thankfully we finally have full preemption with no grandfather statutes other than registration).

You know, a store that is closely monitored the federal govt (BATFE), files reports on EVERY sale, collects and pays taxes, responsibily locks inventory in a bank vault every night. Oh, and a store that despite being close to a school, doesn't allow any patrons under the age of 21 to even enter.

And yea, this is Vegas, but to demonstrate what they didn't seem so concerned about was the 3 bars across the street that operate 24x7, and the adult-oriented billboards with scantily clad ladies advertising gentlemen's clubs.

Get drunk and blow your money on strippers, but DO NOT DEFEND YOURSELVES. Sheeple....why is that I'm not rich? All this stupidity in the world, and I like to think of myself as a pretty smart guy. I ought to be able to figure out how to make a couple bucks and retire to my own island...

Missvon75

imported post

another article posted tonight in daily hearld website: http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=171241&src=2

Gun World could open store in Wood Dale

By Kat Zeman | Daily Herald Staff

It appears that a new gun shop and shooting range soon will have permission to open in Wood Dale.
Gun World, which had to close its doors in Bensenville to make way for O'Hare International Airport expansion, wants to relocate to Wood Dale.

The owners are seeking permission to operate a gun retail shop, shooting range and gunsmith operation in a building at 660 Pond Avenue - across the street from Wood Dale Junior High School.

On Thursday night, city council member gave the proposal a nod of approval by a vote of 5-3. A final vote is scheduled for next week.

Dozens of people spoke out both in favor and against the request. The main concern voiced by opponents was the proposed shop's close proximity to the school.

"I am very grateful to live in the United States and have the right to bear arms," Wood Dale resident Gina Lombardi said. "I am not opposed to Gun World being in Wood Dale. It's just the wrong spot. Go north of Thorndale (Avenue) where it's completely industrial."

The proposed site is located in an area zoned for adult businesses that could include massage parlors and adult bookstores. But the gun shop requires special zoning approval.

"This issue is not about gun control," said Marshall Subach, attorney for Gun World. "This issue tonight is about zoning and land use."

Gun World is a legitimate business that has operated in Bensenville for roughly 30 years without a problem, Subach said.

The shop will not be visible from the school and its peak hours of operation are not during school hours, he said. The shop would be open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the weekends.

"I feel it's an acceptable use," said Alderman Christine Winger, who voted in favor. "It is an established business and has a proven track record of safety."

Aldermen Joe Kohlz, Edward Kneip, Danield Shawke and Sam Lewitan also supported the request.

"I think there's a better location for it somewhere else in town," said Alderman Eugene Wesley, who voted against the request along with Nunzio Pulice and John Kadala.

Some residents raised concerns about noise levels and the impact a gun shop will have on nearby businesses.

"My concern is that it's going to impact the property value of my building," said Jay Rinaldo, who owns a building near the proposed gun shop.

As for noise, a number of people, including a police officer, testified that people outside the building will not hear sound from the indoor range.

Yvonne Bock has lived two blocks from the police department's shooting range for more than 20 years.

"I never heard any sounds, and I have no problem with this, not even as a parent," Bock said.

liquordepot

imported post

im with you 100%, the anti-gun media paints a doom and gloom picture of gun ownership...its all a lie!!! My dad taught me how to hunt when i was 12....and I have owned guns all my life. Its ignorance that fears guns...not law-abiding hard working intelligent citizes that lock their guns in safes and teach their children how to respect their guns. I’m also a strong supporter of ‘concealed carry’ in Illinois. 48 states in the union now have some form of legal firearm concealed carry permits, and it’s statistically proven that in these states, the crime rate drops SIGNIFICANTLY! IF it were up to Blgoyavitch <however you spell it lol> and his father Mayor Daley, we would be 'unarmed sheeple', and the thugs, drug addicts and gang banges will have the handguns and full automatics, to randomly rob, rape and murder who they choose!! LET GUN WORLD open in Wood dale, and PRESERVE AND PROTECT OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!!!

Johnyt101

imported post

Unforunately the location in Wood Dale did not work out. Wood Dale wanted to treat Gun World as if it were an adult book store, so they would have to constantly get special permitts from the town. They are now looking into a location in Lombard. From what I hear, Lombard is welcoming them which is good for me because I live near by!

Bill P

imported post

The end result on the Wood Dale location was that the petition to open there was withdrawn by Gunworld. A few on the Wood Dale city board were objecting to the proposal and in addition there would have been a "special use fee" amounting to $30,000 per year or more in addition to sales taxes. That fee could be raised at any time. It is commonly used as a sin tax on objectionable businesses like massage parlors & adult bookstores. Gun sales are not an immoral business. the tax was regarded as an extortion.

New property is under contract in Lombard. For further updates go to Gunworldrange.com

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good for them not putting up with the extortion. Why pay tax dollars to a town that despises you. Hope their new location works out for them.

Johnyt101

imported post

Lombard Meeting:
The Lombard Plan Commission will meet on Monday, September 15th, at 7:30 PM.
The Village Hall is located at 255 East Wilson Avenue.
Following our presentation, there will be a 15 minute period for any public comments.
You are invited to attend this meeting and we appreciate your suport.

Bill P

imported post

The Lombard Plan Commision meeting on 9/15 wentwell with a 4 - 0 vote in favor of both the text ammendment to zoning & the conditional use approval for the site.

The next meeting will be on 10/2 for the full City Counsil vote. Updates will be on WWW.gunworldrange.com

Bill

Johnyt101

imported post

Looks like they get another shot at locating in Lombard!

Relocation Update:

We have a new site in Lombard now in process. One of the dissenting trustees told us to look "North of North Avenue" and that is where this building is located.
We have have to go through the zoning hearings again. We received approval last time. Trusting this will be the case again, we will then go before the Board of Trustees and hopefully gain approval from them.
We will notify you of the hearings date as the become scheduled.

Keep you fingers crossed !!

We appreciate your continued support of our efforts.

Johnyt101

imported post

Looks like they get another shot at locating in Lombard!

Relocation Update:

We have a new site in Lombard now in process. One of the dissenting trustees told us to look "North of North Avenue" and that is where this building is located.
We have have to go through the zoning hearings again. We received approval last time. Trusting this will be the case again, we will then go before the Board of Trustees and hopefully gain approval from them.
We will notify you of the hearings date as the become scheduled.

Keep you fingers crossed !!

Johnyt101

imported post

Village of Lombard Meeting:

The Planning Commission will meet on Monday, May 18th, at 7:30 PM to hear our presentation.

We are asking everyone to attend this meeting in support of our application for approval of the new site for an indoor range.

Please attend this meeting if possible and tell all your fellow shooting enthusiasts to attend also.

We would appreciate as big a turnout as possible.

The address is:
Village of Lombard
255 East Wilson Avenue
Lombard, IL 60148

If you can make it please show your support!

junglebob

imported post

Johnyt101, You may want to look at your post from April 2, I am sure you left out a word "not" in the sentence about middle school students. You should edit that post if possible. A good rule is to always read your posts before posting. I sometimes violate that rule when in a hurry and have to edit so mypost doesn't say what I don't want it to.