• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portsmouth's "Finest"

ODA 226

imported post

Ok. One of the Deputies had his head up his 4th point of contact and shot his partner. This is off-topic and IMO is just another beginning to a "Cop-Bashing" thread. Can we please stop this sort of stuff? This serves no useful purpose.

bayboy42

imported post

Sure it serves a usefull purpose......antis spew over and over again that the police are the only portion of citizens who are trained well enough to safely carry a gun. This is yet another news story illustrating that the rhetoric may not be entirely true. :?

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
Sure it serves a usefull purpose......antis spew over and over again that the police are the only portion of citizens who are trained well enough to safely carry a gun. This is yet another news story illustrating that the rhetoric may not be entirely true. :?

Bayboy42 is right. Cops are people too, and if they let their guard down they can have NDs just like normal people.

This is a lesson for ALL of us to always follow the safety rules. I don't see this thread as cop bashing.