• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EXAMINATION OF THE SYNTACTICAL ARCHETECTURE OF 2A

OmSigDAVID

imported post

DISPASSIONATE ANALYSIS OF THE AMENDMENT'S
SYNTACTICAL ARCHITECTURE
MAY BE FACILITATED BY THE FOLLOWING ANALOGY:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the securityof a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms
shall not be infringed" US Constitution, 2nd Amendment

ANALOGY: A well educated electorate being necessary to the

security of a free state, the right of THE PEOPLE

to keep and read books shall not be infringed.

1. Does this say thatonly votershave the right to read books?

2. Does this say "well educated"onlyby STATE GOVERNMENT colleges?

3. Does this say thatonlyvoters who are professors of state run colleges
have the right to read books?

4. Does this say that if you miss an election, it's ok for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Booksto knock down your door and steal your books?

OmSigDAVID

imported post

I saw some of it, in unattributed form,

and I added to it and re-shaped it.

Pointman

imported post

I've seen something like this before, but it's an argument that's just as valid.

OmSigDAVID

imported post

Pointman wrote:
I've seen something like this before, but it's an argument that's just as valid.

I also have a more elaborated parsing of 2A by 2 professional grammarians, who are impartial and neutral, taken from 2 printed articles, with the author 's verbal permission at an NRA Annual Meeting. I 'd post them here, but I 'm not sure if this format, this forum,will accept material of that length.

If u r interested, we can arrange some means of communication thereof. It may all become moot, in vu of the forthcoming USSC decision.

David

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I recall reading an article. A gentleman, who was Pro-Second Amendment hired a man from the UK who was regarded as one of the most prolific minds on the English language and grammar (he was the person Oxford Dictionary went to with questions, if I recall). In any case, the man had him do an analysis on the Second Amendment and actually posed that rephrasing to him, asking if it was comperable, to which the man agreed.

Wish I could find the article, I think someone had posted a link to it here a while back.