Thread: Manhunt for Armed and Dangerous Shooter

Post imported post

Fortunately the VA State Trooperthat wasshot has already been released from the hospital.

Where is the Brady Bunch when there is an ongoing situation where being armed for your own protection is very desirable?

Manhunt For State Trooper Shooting In Western Virginia

March 31, 2008 12:51 PM EDT

Virginia State police say a Wythe County man sought in the shooting of a Virginia state trooper has been spotted in Floyd County -- and are warning area residents to be careful.

The search for Steven Dale Branscome focused in the rural Indian Valley community after an investigator with the Floyd County Sheriff's Office spotted a pickup truck Sunday morning that matched the description of the one stolen in West Virginia after the trooper was shot Friday, according to Sergeant Bob Carpentieri.

Carpentieri says Branscome turned into a driveway, got out of the truck and ran into a wooded area.

Authorities are warning Indian Valley residents to look for Branscome, who Carpentieri says should be considered armed and dangerous.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Where is the Brady Bunch when there is an ongoing situation where being armed for your own protection is very desirable?
    They are out there telling you that people with guns will be on edge and shoot at anything that moves. That is what they said after the William Morva incident at VT last year. If students had guns they would have gotten into shootouts with each other thinking the other guy is the fugitive. According to them having a gun isn't about self protection - it's really about you wanting to be a vigilante.

Post imported post

This happened just a few miles from one of my employee's home. The BG took off running in the woods after shooting the officer. A deputy came to my employee's home that afternoon to let them know he was in the area. Of course around here you wouldn't want to break into anyone's home because "everyone" has a gun or two or three.

Edit: I saw video and the officer was grazed right in the middle of the back of his neck. One inch forward and he would have been dead but as is just a bandage.

Post imported post

I am just glad I live in Virginia, and not some godforsaken nanny state hell like DC or Chicago, where I still have the right to defend my family.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    Of course around here you wouldn't want to break into anyone's home because "everyone" has a gun or two or three.
    Amen! Ain't Real Virginia Great!

I've got to go back to the farm tomorrow. Bye to the burbs for a while.

Post imported post

Criminal caught.
    http://www.policeone.com/investigati...ught-in-Texas/

Edit:
    The Tropper wasn't seriously injured as he is back to work.
    What a trooper, shot in the neck and returns to work 10 days later.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

One of the reasons Obama gave for not letting regular folks CCW is that it would cause further casualties. To me that means the causualties already occuring from the criminals actionsare acceptable.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Criminal caught.

Edit:
    He has to make up his quota for the month!!! 10 days worth of tickets is going to make him very busy!!

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    Criminal caught.

Edit:
    He has to make up his quota for the month!!! 10 days worth of tickets is going to make him very busy!!
    NOW NOW, no leo bashing here!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

vt357 wrote:
    They are out there telling you that people with guns will be on edge and shoot at anything that moves. That is what they said after the William Morva incident at VT last year. If students had guns they would have gotten into shootouts with each other thinking the other guy is the fugitive. According to them having a gun isn't about self protection - it's really about you wanting to be a vigilante.
    No. The Brady Bunch thinks YOU are a criminal, just like this man. They say that this guy is one of YOU. They say that Cho was one of YOU. That the only way to stop Cho and truck thieves who shoot at cops is to take away YOUR freedom. They make no distinction between this POS and any one of us, except that they probably have some kind of sympathy for him.