• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTKR News 3 Bashes Cops

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

It didn't look like cop bashing to me. It just gave the facts that were available.

I think it is relevant here, because it takes the edge off of the anti's argument...just so long as it stays in bounds.

LEO 229

imported post

You submitted a thread onthe sametopicalreadythat was closed.

It was obvious from your other caption Portsmouth's "Finest"that is was said disparagingly and meant to cause discredit on the department.

This is sure to cause many to join in and bash the department for the error of one. All the details are not even known at this time and humans can make mistakes.

You even admit now that "The cop bashing part was good natured humor" but some here do not find humor in what cops do and long for any chance to lash out at them.

Now you want to make it appear that the "news station" is bashing the police when they are actually just reporting a story.

I find no humor in someone getting accidentally shot who is not a bad guy.This is going to end up in some speaking ill of cops and this type of activity is not really necessary here.