• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FREE Ruger Hammer Springs

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tired of that heavy hammer spring on the first pull DA on your Ruger semi-auto? I replaced my P345#22 stock springwith a #19 Wolff a while ago and it works great! What a difference! Never a problem, but some folks on RugerForums.com report a couple light strikes with hard primers (CCI) and have upgraded toa #20 or #21.

I've used the #19 springs from both Wolff 26576 kit and have twoof each the #20 and #21 springs leftFREE to the first folks that PM me!

These springs will fit any Ruger semi-autoP85, P89, P90, P91, P93, P94, P944, P95, P97 or P345 and can be seen here:http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=476838&t=11082005)

P95 Hammer Spring Replacement Instructions (others are similar):

[*]Unload and clear the pistol.
[*]Orient the pistol with the butt of the pistol Up.
[*]Drift the Hammer Spring Seat Pin, (1) while holding Hammer Spring Seat(2) in the Magazine Well with your thumb.
[*]Then slowly lift your thumb while keeping pressure applied to the Hammer Spring Seat(2). As you do this, the Hammer Spring(4) and the Hammer Spring Detent(3) will emerge from the Magazine Well...
[*]Remove the Hammer Sping(4) carefully and don't disturb the Hammer Strut(V01601).
[*]Slide the new Hammer Spring into place.
[*]Re-assemble in reverse order.

Attachments

• P95HammerSpring.jpg
    P95HammerSpring.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,206

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Nice offer, I just traded my P89 for Sprinfield 1911. I already miss the P89 though, have to get another. It is a great gun!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks. Just trying to help!

I've heardfrom a lot of people that traded in their P345 for a 1911and from folks with both that just prefer the Ruger. They do make some excellent weapons.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Fantastic! Let me know how they work out and how your wife likes the new trigger pull!

Make sure you do a lot of DA pulls and check the casings toensure you don't get any light primer hits. A lighter spring is useless if it fails when you need it. I've only heard of occasional light hits with the 19# spring and hard primers, such as CCI's.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Awesome! Glad you like the difference! I have the 19# and really noticed that same difference you did! Much funner indeed!

You are most welcome! :celebrate