• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo in Central Indiana

stanicus

imported post

Where is the best place to buy ammo in central Indiana? Galyans used to have horrible prices on everything except ammo. They had cheaper ammo than Wal-Mart. Dick's doesn't appear to carry handgun ammo once they took over.

Skippy

imported post

stanicus wrote:
Where is the best place to buy ammo in central Indiana? Galyans used to have horrible prices on everything except ammo. They had cheaper ammo than Wal-Mart. Dick's doesn't appear to carry handgun ammo once they took over.
The best place I've found for plinking ammo continues to be WWB 9mm and the various .22lr 500-packs at Wal-Mart. Even at ~18 cents/round (for 9mm), it's still cheaper than Natchez or Cheaper Than Dirt. I've never seen Galyans cheaper than Wal-Mart. If you're looking for carry ammo, of course, it's a different story. I don't process a lot of carry ammo, so an extra dollar or something per box doesn't worry me too much.

You might try one of these two:
http://www.ammodaily.com/
http://gun-deals.com

stanicus

imported post

Currently paying $30 for a 100 box of .380acp Winchester brand at Wal-mart. I understand .380 is pricey, but I used to pay $9 for a box of 50 .38's

darwin-t

imported post

That's what 100 rounds of .45 ACP costs at Walmart. WWB - Walmart White Box - or Winchester White Box. The odd thing is, 50 rounds of the same brand is $23.

You need a bigger gun. Heck, if the ammo costs the same, why not?

I reload, so I can't imagine paying that much. Here's how it prices out for me

1000 bullets - $128
1000 primers 23
1 lnb powder 22 - This is good for over 1000 rounds

Total price $163 - that's $16.30 per 100.Primers have gone up $3, Powder $2 and bullets about $40 in the last year or so. And I can tailor my loads to however I want.