Thread: Pizza Guy has a politician ally...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Iowa Senator to Stop Buying Pizza Hut if It Fires Delivery Man Who Shot Robber

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

An Iowa state senator has vowed to stop buying Pizza Hut products if the chain fires a Des Moines delivery man who shot a teen who tried to rob him last week.

Sen. Brad Zaun, R-Urbandale, told other lawmakers that he supports the delivery man, James William Spiers, according to a report in the Des Moines Register.

"I think what he did was the right thing," Zaun said Tuesday. "If I was in a situation to protect my family, protect myself, to continue being a father, I would’ve done the same thing."

The chain has suspended Spiers pending an investigation, the Register reports.

"We have policy against carrying weapons," Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut's corporate offices in Dallas told the paper for a March 28 story. "We prohibit employees from carrying guns because we believe that that is the safest for everybody."

But Zaun thinks Spiers, who had a permit to carry the concealed weapon, was well within his rights when he fired the shots March 27, so Zaun is "going to be watching Pizza Hut."

Kenneth Jimmerson, 19, who was hit with three bullets, called 911 for medical help and subsequently was arrested on a charge of first-degree robbery.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344608,00.html

...sounds like a pro-RKBA politician to me!

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Now that is out-freaking-standing! That policy and all others like is is harmful to honest citizens.

I never liked their greasy nasty-assed pizza anyway!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Besides being a convenience-store ("Stop n' Rob") employee, pizza-delivery is also one of the most hazardous jobs ever...and their bosses/corporate suits don't care. They won't let the employees protect themselves, yet also won't provide armed guards at the store or riding shotgun (literally).

That's a crime waiting for a law to happen.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Now that is out-freaking-standing! That policy and all others like is is harmful to honest citizens.

Oh, COME ON, Bob. Tell us what you really think. Don't mince words!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Come on, pizza isn't pizza if the box isn't transparent by the time it gets to your door. Oh well, I guess it's papa johns until I hear differently.

Post imported post

Pizza Hut is the worst of the major pizza chains in America in my opinion. I feel pretty much awful when I eat that garbage and you can wipe the grease off your forehead when your finished eating. It will give you a shiny coat!! :shock:

I doubt that the other chains have a different policy regarding self-defense, so it's probably a moot point for the lad to try driving for another one if the Hut cans him. Maybe they will buckle under some political pressure and leave him be...
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Deleted

Post imported post

I will be boycotting Pizza Hut until they guarantee this guy's job. (Not hard, since I won't eat Pizza Hut's nasty pizzaanyway...)