• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preemption Bill 2008

swc64844

imported post

To bad there isn't some way of getting a copy of record showing he has a permit. Be good blackmail "ether go with the flow or your permit gets newspaper time" Politicians are always so two faced.

ute

imported post

RU98A wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
Is Jack Herschend going to oppose this like he fought concealed carry?

Saddens me, really... I have so many excellent childhood memories of Silver Dollar City, including back when the "citizens" carried real black powder guns and engaged in blank ammo "shootouts".
I don't know about Jack but Peter Herschend will fight it tooth and toenail. Remember how hard he fought concealed carry? I was told by some people in Taney County all the time he was fighting conceal carry he had a permit because he carried large sums of money to the bank daily.
Hee! Hee! This tickles me. Having lived in Branson for over 30 years, I have been involved with "City Fathers" over and over again. They fight this, and fight that and when the cover of darkness comes, my my, they look just like most of us...

It was okay for pirates to storm boats on Taneycomo and robbers to rob trains at SDC with all the kiddies aboard {show the children guns, knives, and robbery)but you had better not consider having a weapon to protect your family and yourself

With all the moneythe (anti's) poured inagainst CC, it still passed. Hopefully OC will soon be state wide and not a checker board...

swc64844

imported post

Got a letter back from the attorney general and he didn't tell me anything new i tryed to post it here but i can't for some reason.

Reverend BCal

imported post

Anybody from NW area get ahold of Sam Graves yet? I know he'd be ready to jump on for next year. He's been trying to get a lot of citizen-support lately, so I feel a "You scratch MY back, I'll scratch YOURS" situation coming on.

swc64844

imported post

We got any legal people here?? What we need is a letter to email,snail mail or fax to every politician in Missouri and get a response if there for or against this. This way we can at least see where were at and who we got to work on. Do we need a new bill wrote up or will this one work??? I'd really like to see this got through and anyway i can help I'll be glad to.

Diver_59

imported post

I sent a letter to Joan Emerson about a month ago asking her about state premption, so far there has been no reply....I guess she isn't all that interested in the idea.

SMITH1911

imported post

RU98A wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
Is Jack Herschend going to oppose this like he fought concealed carry?

Saddens me, really... I have so many excellent childhood memories of Silver Dollar City, including back when the "citizens" carried real black powder guns and engaged in blank ammo "shootouts".
I don't know about Jack but Peter Herschend will fight it tooth and toenail. Remember how hard he fought concealed carry? I was told by some people in Taney County all the time he was fighting conceal carry he had a permit because he carried large sums of money to the bank daily.

Just FYI everyone, Jack is Peter Herschend's older brother. They co-own/ operate Steal your dollar city. I mean Silver dollar city.

I have known of Peter for a long time, since I was a lot younger than I am presently. And it is and as far as I know his phylosophy... do as I say not as I do...

Just like so many other "political" folks.

On the subject at hand... does anyone know if the preemption bill passed and is now law.