• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is this crap...

burninsteeda04

imported post

NC law states that the weapon can't be within easy reach. So if it is in the front seat next to you, then you may be in violation of the law.

Also How could i be charged with that going armed to the terror of the sheep dont i have to meet 4 requirements and isnt it the mischevious and or malacious act that constitutes it.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

It can't be concealed and easy reach. If it is open and within easy reach it is fine and if it is concealed and not in easy reach it is fine. And you do have to meet all four criteria to be convicted of going armed to the terror of the public. A person must (1) arm himself with any unusual and dangerous weapon, (2) for the purpose of terrifying others, and (3) go about on public highways (4) in a manner to cause terror to others. A person can always be charged with anything,that's the price we pay for living in a law and order society, ifa chargesticks is another matter.

burninsteeda04

imported post

Yeh well fighting that charge could be the issue. Has anyone you known personally been charged while OC. and it is legal to walk around with your handgun chamberd mag full

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I don't know anyone who has been charged with GATTTOTP. North carolina law does not distinguish between a loaded and unloaded firearm. Most of the time if you know the law and obey it, you will be fine.

burninsteeda04

imported post

What about disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct those bs cover charges. I assume that it is legal to walk around Cocked and locked.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Like I said, you can be charged with anything at anytime. If the charges stick or not is another issue. It is legal to walk around with one in the tube. A person cannot be arrested for open carrying a firearm period. There is no such law. Another B.S. law like GATTTOTP or Disorderly conduct is the only reason a person could be arrested for open carrying a firearm and if it stuck would be up to a jury of your "sheeple" peers.

burninsteeda04

imported post

14-288.4. Disorderly conduct.
(a) Disorderly conduct is a public disturbance intentionally caused by any person who:
(1) Engages in fighting or other violent conduct or in conduct creating the threat of imminent fighting or other violence; or
(2) Makes or uses any utterance, gesture, display or abusive language which is intended and plainly likely to provoke violent retaliation and thereby cause a breach of the peace; or
(3) Takes possession of, exercises control over, or seizes any building or facility of any public or private educational institution without the specific authority of the chief administrative officer of the institution, or his authorized representative; or
(4) Refuses to vacate any building or facility of any public or private educational institution in obedience to:
a. An order of the chief administrative officer of the institution, or his representative, who shall include for colleges and universities the vice chancellor for student affairs or his equivalent for the institution, the dean of students or his equivalent for the institution, the director of the law enforcement or security department for the institution, and the chief of the law enforcement or security department for the institution; or
b. An order given by any fireman or public health officer acting within the scope of his authority; or
c. If a state of emergency is occurring or is imminent within the institution, an order given by any law-enforcement officer acting within the scope of his authority; or
(5) Shall, after being forbidden to do so by the chief administrative officer, or his authorized representative, of any public or private educational institution:
a. Engage in any sitting, kneeling, lying down, or inclining so as to obstruct the ingress or egress of any person entitled to the use of any building or facility of the institution in its normal and intended use; or
b. Congregate, assemble, form groups or formations (whether organized or not), block, or in any manner otherwise interfere with the operation or functioning of any building or facility of the institution so as to interfere with the customary or normal use of the building or facility;
(6) Disrupts, disturbs or interferes with the teaching of students at any public or private educational institution or engages in conduct which disturbs the peace, order or discipline at any public or private educational institution or on the grounds adjacent thereto; or
(6a) Engages in conduct which disturbs the peace, order, or discipline on any public school bus or public school activity bus; or
(7) Disrupts, disturbs, or interferes with a religious service or assembly or engages in conduct which disturbs the peace or order at any religious service or assembly.
As used in this section the term "building or facility" includes the surrounding grounds and premises of any building or facility used in connection with the operation or functioning of such building or facility.

burninsteeda04

imported post

So imho I dont think you could be convicted of this if you are minding your own buisness and doing it peacefully

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Look up NC's two OC Supreme Court decisions: State v. Kerner and State v. Fennell. A person cannot be convicted for OC'ing a "legal" firearm.

Jones_Jon

imported post

Truthfully why would you be carrying anyways if you couldnt have it loaded?? Thats just slow.

burninsteeda04

imported post

Some states require you to not have a loaded weapon when carrying openly some states say you just cant have it loaded in your vehical stupid if u ask me.