Thread: The New Guy

Post imported post

I just bought my first pistol, A high point 9mm, shot my first 50 rounds and everything was smooth. I'm in the Army so i'm use to shooting m16's and i grew up on a farm shooting .22's and 4/10's.buta pistol is a better feel. How are the cops with OC around these parts i am in newport news area? any info would be great.

Thank You!!

Post imported post

Your best bet it to run a search on the board for your area, that's where I'd start, or do a search on your location and see what type of things pop up. Unless someone's started a thread dedicated to your area, it's hard to say for sure. For the most part in VA you should be just fine. Welcome to the board.

Post imported post

Welcome!

Keep an eye on the Open Carry in Tidewater thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/5842.html

Also, watch the Tidewater [month] OC Dinner threads for a chance to get info straight from the various horses' mouths.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Wardy42 wrote:
    I just bought my first pistol, A high point 9mm, shot my first 50 rounds and everything was smooth. I'm in the Army so i'm use to shooting m16's and i grew up on a farm shooting .22's and 4/10's.buta pistol is a better feel. How are the cops with OC around these parts i am in newport news area? any info would be great.

Thank You!!
    BTW - welcome aboard and thank you for your service. The advice to attend an OC meet-up or two and search the threads for your area are good. Just don't pay any attention to the local newspaper as most of the articles are negative op/eds. City Council (Newport News) has tried several times to inact laws that are in violation of state preemption. Overall though the area is very accepting - I lived there for a number of years and OC without problems whenever I visit Newport News/Hampton.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.