Thread: Has your local police department been educated.

Post imported post

Im curious to know if your local police department has been educated as a policy. Iv heard that other states Departments are requiring officers to be educated on this subject.

I sure hope Charlotte Meck PD have been informed that it is legal. and also other jurisdictions

Post imported post

Union county is educated.I know Char/Meck PD is educated, but I'm not sure how much time is spent on the subject. The only time a cop threatened me was in Mecklenburg county. He actually had the balls to tell me he arrested someone for open carrying. Then again, he did look like the fat kid that was picked on all his life and ended up making up his own games with his own rules so that he could have control of something. We're talking vendetta here.

Post imported post

I guess if we are real concerned we could pass out info flyers to LEOs when we run into them; Kinda like Gospel tracts for OC (For those of you who are not Christians like I am, Gospel tracts are basically religous literature). You could always email the chief of police for your town or county. You could always just draw on a cop and say "Listen Bucko! Let ME educate you on something!" j/k

Post imported post

Yeah, that will go over well.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Union county is educated.I know Char/Meck PD is educated, but I'm not sure how much time is spent on the subject. The only time a cop threatened me was in Mecklenburg county. He actually had the balls to tell me he arrested someone for open carrying. Then again, he did look like the fat kid that was picked on all his life and ended up making up his own games with his own rules so that he could have control of something. We're talking vendetta here.
    How did ya get outta that one. Sounds like mr cop needs a lesson on State V. Kerner

Also how about Stallings Police and Monroe Police

State Researcher

Post imported post

Save .40 Cal's single run-in with a seemingly stupid, badged individual, I have not heard of, or personallyexperienced, any problems with NC law enforcement regarding open carry. I really don't think there's any need to focus on "educating" LE at this point, since they haven't shown a lack of knowledge. Any e-mails or pamphlets would probably seem condescending and draw negative attention IMO.

If there's a problem, find a solution. Don'ttake a solution then search fora problem.