• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has your local police department been educated.

burninsteeda04

imported post

Im curious to know if your local police department has been educated as a policy. Iv heard that other states Departments are requiring officers to be educated on this subject.

I sure hope Charlotte Meck PD have been informed that it is legal. and also other jurisdictions

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Union county is educated.I know Char/Meck PD is educated, but I'm not sure how much time is spent on the subject. The only time a cop threatened me was in Mecklenburg county. He actually had the balls to tell me he arrested someone for open carrying. Then again, he did look like the fat kid that was picked on all his life and ended up making up his own games with his own rules so that he could have control of something. We're talking vendetta here.

Godscreation

imported post

I guess if we are real concerned we could pass out info flyers to LEOs when we run into them; Kinda like Gospel tracts for OC (For those of you who are not Christians like I am, Gospel tracts are basically religous literature). You could always email the chief of police for your town or county. You could always just draw on a cop and say "Listen Bucko! Let ME educate you on something!" j/k

burninsteeda04

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Union county is educated.I know Char/Meck PD is educated, but I'm not sure how much time is spent on the subject. The only time a cop threatened me was in Mecklenburg county. He actually had the balls to tell me he arrested someone for open carrying. Then again, he did look like the fat kid that was picked on all his life and ended up making up his own games with his own rules so that he could have control of something. We're talking vendetta here.

How did ya get outta that one. Sounds like mr cop needs a lesson on State V. Kerner

Also how about Stallings Police and Monroe Police

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Save .40 Cal's single run-in with a seemingly stupid, badged individual, I have not heard of, or personallyexperienced, any problems with NC law enforcement regarding open carry. I really don't think there's any need to focus on "educating" LE at this point, since they haven't shown a lack of knowledge. Any e-mails or pamphlets would probably seem condescending and draw negative attention IMO.

If there's a problem, find a solution. Don'ttake a solution then search fora problem.