Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Carolina gun website

Post imported post

http://www.Carolinagunowners.com

Meet more gun owners and help me convert them to OC'ers.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Only 23 members, huh? I'll join you and see how things go...I know how it's like to join a forum with a bunch of uneducated anti-oc gun owners. :?

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

I'll join. I think I'm gonna get off of USA Carry and join this.

Post imported post

Cool. if you couldn't tell, I'm 1ITP. Same as on AR15.com.

Post imported post

Wait up, guys!
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

Already been there and registered. Interested in meeting up with any folks in the WNC area(I'm in Spruce Pine). See ya!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ok so I've TRIED to join multiple times but I can only get 3 or 4 page loads before the website stops loading all together. Am I the only one having that problem?

Post imported post

I was able to join up last night, DreQo. I am not familiar with the problem you speak of.

"Only 23 members, huh? I'll join you and see how things go...I know how it's like to join a forum with a bunch of uneducated anti-oc gun owners. :?"

Yeah, this is why I rarely post on USAcarry.com, good info there but I want more than a government permit for carry, I carry with my God given right.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

Hello, I'mone of the Site Adminsfrom CarolinaGunOwners.com. The site is pretty much a General Firearms website. I'm pretty young(23 yrs old)compared to some of you guys. My friend & I created the website to help educate & inform individuals about gun laws, self defence, & etc. The great thing about it isI'm also learning with everyone else.

Personally I do not open carry... But I commend anyone that does. If I did... I think people would call the LE everyday. I would stick out like a soar thumb. You all have a lot of great open carry information on here... I prob just spent about 45 mins reading alot of posts.

But I just wanted to dropin and say hello & hopefully I can bring something to this community one day.

Chris M.

Post imported post

Do it and try it for a week and see if you dont keep doing it. Its awsome

Post imported post

Dre, did you make it in?

Post imported post

By the way Chris, welcome to the board. I hope we can bring the rest of our OC brethren from the Carolinas to Carolinagunowners.

Post imported post

Personally, I find it hard (with the holster I have) to OC in bad & cold weather. Other than that, you see my M&P close to my hip.

Post imported post

My OC'ing consists mostly of my 1911 sticking out of my IWB when I take my suit coat off during the week.

Post imported post

No OC using a OWB holster ?

No wonder you dont typically have problems lol people wouldnt notice it if i did that.

State Researcher

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Dre, did you make it in?
    lol Not yet! I'll try again tonight.

Post imported post

Trust me I would love to carry my pistol, but I would seriously stick out. I'm 6'2" 240lbs Half White/Half Asian... You really can't miss me. I'm going to wait until I get my concealed carry permit. My class is at the end of this month & I know its going to take awhile for the paper work to get done downtown. I know I wouldnt be breaking any laws but I have been harassed by to many LEO's already.

State Researcher

Post imported post

ChrisM wrote:
    Trust me I would love to carry my pistol, but I would seriously stick out. I'm 6'2" 240lbs Half White/Half Asian... You really can't miss me. I'm going to wait until I get my concealed carry permit. My class is at the end of this month & I know its going to take awhile for the paper work to get done downtown. I know I wouldnt be breaking any laws but I have been harassed by to many LEO's already.
    Weeell just know that it's legal, and we do it all the time here in NC w/o incident. I'd hate for you to have to go without carrying any longer than you have to. I mean...even if you do get harassed, it's LEGAL lol.

EDIT: And I still can't get registered on the site. 3-4 page loads and it stops loading all together :X.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    ChrisM wrote:
    Weeell just know that it's legal, and we do it all the time here in NC w/o incident. I'd hate for you to have to go without carrying any longer than you have to. I mean...even if you do get harassed, it's LEGAL lol.

EDIT: And I still can't get registered on the site. 3-4 page loads and it stops loading all together :X.
    I have heard of 1 other guy say the same thing... It could be you have a Firewall up or something like a popup blocker. The guy that was having the same issue was using Internet Explorer. He said he used FireFox to register the account & then everything was fine.

Post imported post

Chris, you have described me exactly (except that I am half Puerto Rican, half Cuban). I felt the same way until I got used to the idea that laws don't draw ethnic lines.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Chris, you have described me exactly (except that I am half Puerto Rican, half Cuban). I felt the same way until I got used to the idea that laws don't draw ethnic lines.
    Your right the laws do not draw ethnic lines.But there are alot of cases pending in Greensboro about Police officers being accused of bigotry & racism. The Greensboro Police is getting better but there has been a bunch of corruption charges that go all the way to the former Cheif of police.

So do you think someLEO in my city is going to believeme a20-something "punk kid with a pistol"about the law(sincesome are cocky & think they know ever law in the books)or a somewhat informed law abiding citizen defendinghis person and property. I guess it all comes down to how that LEO interpretsthe law if you get arrested or asked to leave the property.

I can say this... When I do get my concealed carry... I am going to carry my pistol in a somewhat open manner only because I'm tired of being looked at like a criminal everytime I go buy rnds for my AR15's/UPSc. Hopefully I can desensitize some of these liberal democrats that keep moving to our state.

State Researcher

Post imported post

That sucks that you've had enough bad experiences to cause you to be afraid to exercise your rights. Keep an eye on the threads about getting together. Maybe chilling with some fellow open carriers will help ease your fears.

Anyway I'm not having any firewall issues on my end, and since I'm not using my own computer I'm not going to download firefox. I'll keep trying once in a while.

Post imported post

Hey guys, just joined up member from Statesville.

I am a member of the website http://www.carolinashootersforum.com. Do alot of horse trading over there, alot of good NC members (up to 1200 members I think) and alot of SC too.

I'll check out this Carolinagunowners too, always need good websites to blow my time at

Post imported post

Welcome CL1111! You'll find that we offer a different flavoras it relates to our subject matter.

Post imported post

The site has been updated and is looking great. Stop in and say Hi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast