• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Carolina gun website

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Only 23 members, huh? I'll join you and see how things go...I know how it's like to join a forum with a bunch of uneducated anti-oc gun owners. :?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ok so I've TRIED to join multiple times but I can only get 3 or 4 page loads before the website stops loading all together. Am I the only one having that problem?

Custodian

imported post

I was able to join up last night, DreQo. I am not familiar with the problem you speak of.

"Only 23 members, huh? I'll join you and see how things go...I know how it's like to join a forum with a bunch of uneducated anti-oc gun owners. :?"

Yeah, this is why I rarely post on USAcarry.com, good info there but I want more than a government permit for carry, I carry with my God given right.

ChrisM

imported post

Hello, I'mone of the Site Adminsfrom CarolinaGunOwners.com. The site is pretty much a General Firearms website. I'm pretty young(23 yrs old)compared to some of you guys. My friend & I created the website to help educate & inform individuals about gun laws, self defence, & etc. The great thing about it isI'm also learning with everyone else.

Personally I do not open carry... But I commend anyone that does. If I did... I think people would call the LE everyday. I would stick out like a soar thumb. You all have a lot of great open carry information on here... I prob just spent about 45 mins reading alot of posts.

But I just wanted to dropin and say hello & hopefully I can bring something to this community one day.

Chris M.

burninsteeda04

imported post

No OC using a OWB holster ?

No wonder you dont typically have problems lol people wouldnt notice it if i did that.

ChrisM

imported post

Trust me I would love to carry my pistol, but I would seriously stick out. I'm 6'2" 240lbs Half White/Half Asian... You really can't miss me. I'm going to wait until I get my concealed carry permit. My class is at the end of this month & I know its going to take awhile for the paper work to get done downtown. I know I wouldnt be breaking any laws but I have been harassed by to many LEO's already.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

ChrisM wrote:
Trust me I would love to carry my pistol, but I would seriously stick out. I'm 6'2" 240lbs Half White/Half Asian... You really can't miss me. I'm going to wait until I get my concealed carry permit. My class is at the end of this month & I know its going to take awhile for the paper work to get done downtown. I know I wouldnt be breaking any laws but I have been harassed by to many LEO's already.

Weeell just know that it's legal, and we do it all the time here in NC w/o incident. I'd hate for you to have to go without carrying any longer than you have to. I mean...even if you do get harassed, it's LEGAL lol.

EDIT: And I still can't get registered on the site. 3-4 page loads and it stops loading all together :X.

ChrisM

imported post

DreQo wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

Weeell just know that it's legal, and we do it all the time here in NC w/o incident. I'd hate for you to have to go without carrying any longer than you have to. I mean...even if you do get harassed, it's LEGAL lol.

EDIT: And I still can't get registered on the site. 3-4 page loads and it stops loading all together :X.
I have heard of 1 other guy say the same thing... It could be you have a Firewall up or something like a popup blocker. The guy that was having the same issue was using Internet Explorer. He said he used FireFox to register the account & then everything was fine.