• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Carolina gun website

ChrisM

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Chris, you have described me exactly (except that I am half Puerto Rican, half Cuban). I felt the same way until I got used to the idea that laws don't draw ethnic lines.
Your right the laws do not draw ethnic lines.But there are alot of cases pending in Greensboro about Police officers being accused of bigotry & racism. The Greensboro Police is getting better but there has been a bunch of corruption charges that go all the way to the former Cheif of police.

So do you think someLEO in my city is going to believeme a20-something "punk kid with a pistol"about the law(sincesome are cocky & think they know ever law in the books)or a somewhat informed law abiding citizen defendinghis person and property. I guess it all comes down to how that LEO interpretsthe law if you get arrested or asked to leave the property.

I can say this... When I do get my concealed carry... I am going to carry my pistol in a somewhat open manner only because I'm tired of being looked at like a criminal everytime I go buy rnds for my AR15's/UPSc. Hopefully I can desensitize some of these liberal democrats that keep moving to our state.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

:(That sucks that you've had enough bad experiences to cause you to be afraid to exercise your rights. Keep an eye on the threads about getting together. Maybe chilling with some fellow open carriers will help ease your fears.

Anyway I'm not having any firewall issues on my end, and since I'm not using my own computer I'm not going to download firefox. I'll keep trying once in a while.

CL1111

imported post

Hey guys, just joined up member from Statesville.

I am a member of the website http://www.carolinashootersforum.com. Do alot of horse trading over there, alot of good NC members (up to 1200 members I think) and alot of SC too.

I'll check out this Carolinagunowners too, always need good websites to blow my time at :cool:

rdinatal

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
Carolinagunowners.com is a different site.
Yes, I understand they are different URLs and therefore notexactly alike. They do however have almost the same topics andcontent.

I see a lot of good sites die because of what I call "subject dilution". Ifother sites open up that are very similar then people tend to experience two things:information overload and boredom from going to many different URLs.

Eventually one site dies off, or both. Naturally bad websites die off but unfortunately some good ones do too. They get stagnant and eventually the information massed disappears.

Just an observation...

-R