• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many of You play this game?

Rey

imported post

Silverfox44 wrote:
I also do not see it as a game. I guess after all the training I have had it just becomes natural such as never having your back to the door.

*snicker

(i'm so sorry...)

Rey

imported post

Peaches asked me why I like the forum so much. I told her it's because of all the people in here who I can relate to and who can relate to me. Comradarie, I call it.

This thread hits it on the head. We ALL do this, in some form or fashion. My girlfriend always gives me the view of the door. Always walks on my weak side. I suspect that most of our wives and girlfriends do the same.

When my daughter and I go somewhere, we play a game where we count the exits, look for a good hiding place, and notice where the kitchen is. I hope she learns situational awareness from her old man. She's five and already smarter. and I suspect that most of our kids do the same...

Semper Fi.

t3rmin

imported post

I hear those AK-47's are prone to bursting into churches and spraying all by themselves!

unreconstructed1

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
She asked why I was so sure that she would win. I told her that after seeing her beat the hell out of so many dead horses, I figure a bad guy doesn't stand a chance.

She didn't want to play anymore after that.
so how did you explain the black eyes, fat lip and the fractured jaw to the doctor? :shock:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Rey wrote:
Peaches asked me why I like the forum so much. I told her it's because of all the people in here who I can relate to and who can relate to me. Comradarie, I call it.

This thread hits it on the head. We ALL do this, in some form or fashion. My girlfriend always gives me the view of the door. Always walks on my weak side. I suspect that most of our wives and girlfriends do the same.

Semper Fi.
Mine is now more aware because of me and will even point out things at times.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
She asked why I was so sure that she would win. I told her that after seeing her beat the hell out of so many dead horses, I figure a bad guy doesn't stand a chance.

She didn't want to play anymore after that.
so how did you explain the black eyes, fat lip and the fractured jaw to the doctor? :shock:
:lol:

DJ TURNz

imported post

On one of the forums I read a guy post that he and his wife had a code word that they would use to refer to his gun, so as not to say gun in public. Or to make reference that she had seen a possible threat without saying anything to tip anyone esle.

I discussed this with my wife and I used the example "red baloon". I envisioned a question like "did you see the red ballon" as meaning did you bring your gun.

We were out at McDonalds and there were a bunch of punks sitting in a nearby booth. They were horseplaying and hitting each other and just being rowdy. In a plain, non wispered voice she says "Did you bring your red baloon with you?"

We had to have the discussion again later that night.

She now also plays the what if/ threat analysis game. Except she doesn't try to, she just does, and she gets mad at me that she now thinks that way. I think she wishes she never took the blue pill.

colormered

imported post

wait, Wait, WAIT!!!! You mean to tell me EVERYBODY is playing this, and it is just a GAME?!?! Sheesh! It's nice to finally find out the world is not out to get me, it's just that everybody is playing this game around me, but nobody let me know it's just a game! At least now I can stop being paranoid, and just play along.....

It's like when I used to be superstitious, before I found out that being superstitious is in itself, unlucky...... so not anymore for me........

(dry humor off)