Thread: Boycotting Pizza Hut?

Post imported post

Don't think I'll be spending any more money at Pizza Hut.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app.../-1/BUSINESS04

Post imported post

I've been boycotting them 'cause their pizza tastes like crap, this is just another reason not to eat from them.

My local chinese place hasn't said anything to the driver. He's an older guy who does delivery for extra cash, and I know for a fact he's strapped. I'm pretty positive the owners know he is, but it's a don't ask don't tell policy.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I would suggest that the driver knew the rules, almost certainly before he was hired. he voluntarily chose to violate those rules, despite almost certainly knowing Pizza Hut's practice in these kind of cases.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for his plight. Being forced to make a choice between being killed or being fired, it is not all that hard to accept being fired, although it does seem heartless on the part of Pizza Hut.

OTOH, like every other organization, including the US military, there are a lot of rules and regulations employees are required to follow, even though now and then the application of those rules and regulations may seem unfair and/or harsh. bureaucrats will always take the easy path and apply the rules without regard to circumstance.

I wonder if Pizza Hut would have even sent anyone to his funeral if the driver had been unarmed and was murdered by the armed robber. Probably there is some corporate policy on that. Maybe they send flowers, and a card with a heartfelt sentiment from some anonymous author at Hallmark.

Post imported post

I was a delivery driver for pizza hut back in college in texas. There were a few neighborhoods we didn't deliver to after dark, but I never knew it was against policy to carry the .45 I had under my seat.

That really sucks. Boycotts don't work unless you let them know about it. So if y'all are planning on it, make sure you let them know!

Post imported post

technically speaking, they still haven't fired him yet.

Post imported post

Better to be looking for a new job than a new life I will say

Post imported post

Might want to consider adding a few more companies to your list.
    This is just one.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-10182.html

I think most companies that have a rule/policy against firearms at work would terminate.

Decisions decisions, defend myself or lose my job.
    Here's an idea.
    If I'mkilled at work my family can sue and might win, if I survive I can go get another job.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I think this falls under "it is better to ask forgiveness than permission". And he can always get another job. Another life? A little tougher to work out.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

This actual event is being discussed here along with a senator who will boycott Pizza Hut if the employee is fired.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/9458.html

This is not really Virginia specific either since Pizza Hut is US wide and it happened in Iowa.