• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycotting Pizza Hut?

eyesopened

imported post

I've been boycotting them 'cause their pizza tastes like crap, this is just another reason not to eat from them.

My local chinese place hasn't said anything to the driver. He's an older guy who does delivery for extra cash, and I know for a fact he's strapped. I'm pretty positive the owners know he is, but it's a don't ask don't tell policy.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would suggest that the driver knew the rules, almost certainly before he was hired. he voluntarily chose to violate those rules, despite almost certainly knowing Pizza Hut's practice in these kind of cases.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for his plight. Being forced to make a choice between being killed or being fired, it is not all that hard to accept being fired, although it does seem heartless on the part of Pizza Hut.

OTOH, like every other organization, including the US military, there are a lot of rules and regulations employees are required to follow, even though now and then the application of those rules and regulations may seem unfair and/or harsh. bureaucrats will always take the easy path and apply the rules without regard to circumstance.

I wonder if Pizza Hut would have even sent anyone to his funeral if the driver had been unarmed and was murdered by the armed robber. Probably there is some corporate policy on that. Maybe they send flowers, and a card with a heartfelt sentiment from some anonymous author at Hallmark.

Rey

imported post

I was a delivery driver for pizza hut back in college in texas. There were a few neighborhoods we didn't deliver to after dark, but I never knew it was against policy to carry the .45 I had under my seat.

That really sucks. Boycotts don't work unless you let them know about it. So if y'all are planning on it, make sure you let them know!

Marco

imported post

Might want to consider adding a few more companies to your list.
This is just one.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-10182.html

I think most companies that have a rule/policy against firearms at work would terminate.

Decisions decisions, defend myself or lose my job.
Here's an idea.
If I'mkilled at work my family can sue and might win, if I survive I can go get another job.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think this falls under "it is better to ask forgiveness than permission". And he can always get another job. Another life? A little tougher to work out.