• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Concealed Carry Class in Richmond VA This Weekend

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

VCDL President Philip Van Cleave will be holding a Utah concealed carry class in Midlothian VA (near Richmond) this Saturday from 2:00 until 6:00 pm.

There are currently 3 slots remaining. If you have ever wanted to get your Utah permit and the reciprocity that comes with it then this is your chance.

utah_map.gif

The first 3 people to contact me via PM or email ( john@opencarry.org ) will get the slots. I will provide directions to the class at that time.

Come on out and join us for an educational afternoon!

PS. The cost of the class is $75.

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Count me in - arrangements have been made!
See you there!

We are now down to 2 slots. PM or email me ASAP if you are interested in one of the two!

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

We are now down to 1 remaining slot!

PM or email me ASAP if you are interested in being the last student!

John

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

For all those who appreciate and benefit from Utah's fine concealed weapons permits I will put in a plug for a little assistance for some of our friends in the legislature who are under attack this election and could use a little help and show of support from those of us who have benefited from their work in the legislature.

Quoting a recenct post I made to the news and political alerts section <http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/9570.html>:

I note that the varous county level political parties in Utah will be holding their political conventions soon. The first of these will be held on Saturday the 12th of April in Wasatch County.

In 2007, the Utah legislature passed a private school voucher bill that infuriated the perpetually anti-RKBA teachers' union. The union managed to gather enough signatures to force a public vote on the bill and the bill never became law.

Fast forward to today and the teachers' union has mounted a massive effort to unseat legislators who voted in favor of the voucher law. This would all be off topic here EXCEPT for two facts:

1-With rare exception, legislators who voted for vouchers also tend to vote to support our RKBA.

2-With even more rare exception, candidates supported by the teachers' union are very hostile to our RKBA.

We have some of the best self-defense and carry laws in the nation. But NONE of that in engraved in stone and if the teachers' union manages to unseat a lot of pro-RKBA legislators we could see direct attacks on our ability to carry in public, to OC, increased fees for permits to CC, etc. At the very least, we will not make any progress in improving our gun laws if the teachers' union scores many wins.

Some of our strongest allies are under serious attack. This includes Sens. Waddoups (the original sponsor of Utah's shall issue law), Madsen (sponsor of the "Katrina no confiscation bill that passed, and parking lot preemption that was defeated in the house), and Buttars (who litterally got up off his death bed last year to chair a committee to advance Madsen's pro-RKBA bill to the full floor of the Senate). On the House side friends such as Rep Curt Oda (sponsor of the bill this year to specifically allow open carry) and Sandstrom also face challenges.

I note that Speaker Curtis and House Rules Chair Steve Urquhart also face challenges over their voucher support, but both were VERY hostile to RKBA this year and more or less single handedly killed some of our best bills including Oda's bill to affirmatively allow open carry and thus prevent colleges from harrassing those who chose to OC pursuant to a permit. BOTH deserve to be defeated by gun owners. Speaker Curtis is seaking re-election to his seat. Rep Urquhart is running for the Senate seat vacated by Bill Hickman's retirement.

Please, consider sending a modest donation to Sen. Waddoups, Madsen, or Buttars, or Representatives Oda or Sandstrom. Include a brief note that it is from a gun owner and/or Utah CCW permit holder who appreciates how the candidate has defended our rights. As much as helping the candidates, the cost of a box of ammo sent to a couple of these guys helps remind them that gun owners do support them.

Thanks.

Charles Hardy
GOUtah!

Checks can be addressed to: "Committee to Re-Elect...." at the following addresses:

Sen. Waddoups
2868 Matterhorn Dr
Taylorsville, UT 84084

Sen. Madsen
PO Box 572
Lehi, UT 84043

Sen. Buttars
9241 South Lisa Av.
West Jordan, UT 84088

Rep Oda
970 South State St.
Clearfield, UT 84015

Rep. Sandstrom
1775 Skyline Drive
Orem, UT 84097

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

The last seat has been taken! I will see you guys Saturday.

Those of you who are interested in a Utah permit but who were not able to get in on this class, you may contact Philip at President@vcdl.org to schedule a seat in an upcoming class.

Thanks again.

John