Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Inserts Foot in Mouth

Post imported post

This is an FYI.
    If this guy opposes concealed carry, how do you think he's going to react to OC?

OBAMA SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR INSULTING MILLIONS OF ARMED CITIZENS, SAYS CCRKBA

BELLEVUE, WA – Democrat Barack Obama on Tuesday insulted millions of legally-armed American citizens when he told a Pennsylvania newspaper that concealed carry poses a threat to innocent people, and he should immediately apologize for that remark, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

Senator Obama, quoted by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, admitted, “I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

“American citizens have been responsibly carrying concealed handguns for years in 48 states,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, co-author of America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense in a Violent Age, published by Merril Press. “These citizens go through background checks, and in some states complete required training courses. Statistically, these armed citizens are far less likely to ever be involved in a crime than average citizens. They have stopped crimes. They have sometimes aided police officers.

“Senator Obama,” he continued, “should not confuse legally-armed, law-abiding Americans with inner-city thugs, gang-bangers and other criminals who carry guns illegally. Thanks to a revealing 1996 questionnaire bearing Mr. Obama’s handwriting from his days as a candidate for the Illinois Senate, it’s clear he has the good guys confused with the bad guys.”

That controversial questionnaire, which Obama originally claimed he never saw, contained answers to questions that indicates he opposes capital punishment and criminal prosecution of juveniles as adults, is against mandatory sentencing and supports “alternative sentencing.” He supported a ban on handguns and semiautomatic sport-utility rifles, and mandatory waiting periods before Americans could exercise their constitutional right to own a firearm.

“Barack Obama ignorantly believes that legally-armed Americans are as reckless and irresponsible as the criminals with whom his political sympathies evidently lay,” Gottlieb said. “He has been insisting for months that he supports the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but here he is now campaigning in Pennsylvania, stating essentially that he would prefer Americans not exercise that right.

“Legally-armed citizens are also voters, Mr. Obama,” Gottlieb stated, “and you have outrageously insulted every one of them. You owe these good citizens an apology.”

Post imported post

It looks like BaraKKK Osama is McCain's best campaign supporter.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

“I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”
    What does that even mean?

Post imported post

If he meant that he was against the illegal carrying of concealed weapons, I could get behind that. Even though Ido no't agree with having to get permission from the government tocarry a weapon concealed. It is the current law of the land. I do feel insulted and can add this as another reason that I will not be voting for him.

Post imported post

Obama's original: "I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

Translation: "Im saying this to try to sound for and against it at the same time, but I end up sounding like Im saying something along the lines of 'Concealed Carry is why guns kill people.' Vote for me anyway, I never sound like Im wrong the first time!"

Disclaimer: This is merely my interpretation

Post imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
    “I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”
    What does that even mean?
    It means that when in Chicago, you shoot someone when you disagree with them.Seeing that Chicago is the capital of Illinois (somehow I think King, mayor, Daley has more power than the governor in Springfield) Barak has learned how to be a politician quite well. He needs to work on his corruption skills a little more, I haven't heard of any major charges against him yet.

Post imported post

Senator Obama, quoted by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, admitted, “I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

That's fine if that's what he believes, but he better not try to force his position on anyone else. It's a state's right's issue, not the federal government's business. **** Obama. He's an ignorant piece of **** who doesn't know his ******* from his elbow.

Post imported post

ah, the manchurian candidate opens his stupid mouth again.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    And? Your point?

Post imported post

Open Mouth, Insert Foot, Chew Vigorously.

He has is mental blinders firmly strapped on I see.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

No, no no! You've got it all wrong! When O-Bomb-a says he's AGAINST concealed or any weapons, he's really FOR it! They just got his words backwards! LOOK!

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

HOLD IT!

WAITAMINUTE!!!!

I got this figured out, but I had to sleep on it.

Obama is for Open Carry! :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

You would think a Constitutional law professor would understand these issues well enough to say intelligent things. Too bad Obama has not cleared that threshold as of yet.

Post imported post

Barack's stance on this is not new information. He is beyond not a friend to the 2A or gun owner's, he is downright hostile to it and us. If he had his way, no one would own guns, but as a compromise with hunters he has signaled a willingness of allowing citizens to keep lever action or bolt action rifles incapable of holding more than 10 rounds and breech loaded or pump shotguns with a 3 rd max capacity (that is all that would be left after everything he has supported being banned).

ETA: Which makes me feel better as that would ensure that I didn't take my g/f's 80 year old bolt action, 16rd magazine .22 rifle out and shoot up the school down the street. I don't know how I have controlled myself for this long ... :quirky
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    And? Your point?
    Surely he was referring to Obama? Defensive very much?

Post imported post

Now THAT is really insulting to PA, being as PA seems to be the state with the highest # of issued carry permits, an amazing 1 in 21. I do believe this so called educated man needs to do some more educating. The only place in PA with a blood flowing in the streets problem is Philly, and it sure isn't ccw holders doing it!

Post imported post

Bob..... Is that photo for real????

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Someone sent it to me and I don't know if it was photoshopped or not, but it's funny as hell and immediately reminded me of this pic....

(I know, I'm already going to hell....what's another 5 degrees?)

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Bob..... Is that photo for real????
    Laff -- it just makes you want to believe it ...

But snopes say not.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Damn that snopes for ruining it for me! I love that site....until now!

Post imported post

This man is a liar and a charlatan, and now willingly admits his disregard for our basic civil and human rights.

How did this country reach such a sorry state? I cannot possibly bring myself to vote for any of these clowns.

This may be the first election where I abstain from voting.

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Damn that snopes for ruining it for me! I love that site....until now!
    They did a good job.

Sorry Bob.. your busted!!

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    This man is a liar and a charlatan, and now willingly admits his disregard for our basic civil and human rights.

How did this country reach such a sorry state? I cannot possibly bring myself to vote for any of these clowns.

Please don't abstain. You have a voice that needs to be heard regardless of how fukt up the system is in the way votes are counted. Even if you're voting for the less of two evils.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:

The current Liberal in the White House...

Post imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    And? Your point?
    Obama is a puppet.

No one knows one thing about him.
    He talks pretty.
    He looks good.
    He really doens't say anything other than platitudes so he can't be "stuck" with anything
    He wants things everyone wants, "change"

Really is scary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast