Thread: URGENT: Open Carriers Needed For LA Times Interview

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/9571.html

jpierce wrote:
    I have been contacted by a reporter from the LA Times who is doing an article on the open carry movement. I have given him history and background and now he wants to spend some time with an open carrier or group of open carriers from one of the following states: UT, CO, NM, AZ, WY, KS, NE, ND, SD.

Are there any get togethers or groups in these states who would be willing to host this reporter for a safe, informative and ambassadorial afternoon of shooting followed by an open carry dinner?

Respond here and PM me your phone number and I will give you a call to talk about the specifics.

PS. ONLY those states!
    Here's our chance to have Utah open carry in the NATIONAL spotlight, not just the local papers. I am waiting for a phone call from the reporter. In the meantime, any suggestions for a good meeting place?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

I'd for sure say Down Town Salt Lake City somewhere. Still thinking about a good location/place.

I will be there NO MATTER WHAT

TJ

Post imported post

I would be interested in this, let me know.

Post imported post

With 54 users listing Utah as a location, there could possibly be a sizeable turnout.....

with the weather getting warmer, it could possibly evolve into a potluck (subliminal plug for dutch oven) cookout at a park somewhere.......

Just thinking outside the box.....

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm surprised Oregon and Washington didn't make the list.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

We could always meet at the local walmart :?

Post imported post

I would be interested as well.

Post imported post

I just got off the phone with Nick, the reporter. He will be here next week, and said that a Wednesday or Thursday evening would be best. I figure most of us have day jobs, and that an evening after work should not be a problem.

If somebody has a suggestion for a location, please chime in. If a place is not decided within a few days, I will arrange a place. Lets be flexible and show some good turnout for this one. Just think what the readers in Los Angeles would think of when they open their morning paper to see 30 Utahn's exercising their rights!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

DUDE i pray i can go!!!

Post imported post

just make sure you post the details please. i will be there....

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    I just got off the phone with Nick, the reporter. He will be here next week, and said that a Wednesday or Thursday evening would be best. I figure most of us have day jobs, and that an evening after work should not be a problem.

If somebody has a suggestion for a location, please chime in. If a place is not decided within a few days, I will arrange a place. Lets be flexible and show some good turnout for this one. Just think what the readers in Los Angeles would think of when they open their morning paper to see 30 Utahn's exercising their rights!
    AWESOME...I'm off at 5:30.

Count me in. And don't forget the .40's . K?

TJ

Post imported post

this sounds like a my big chance to finally participate. i have been extremly busy as of late (marriage, house, more responsiblity at work). i carry both ways (poorly concealed ) ,though i have been wearing company shirts more often than not lately, and i dont OC when 'advertising'. its not what we are selling.

Post imported post

Somewhere in SLC would be nice. If just a place to meet/eat, how about Golden Corral again where we met for lunch back in Dec.

Post imported post

im new here but i will go. if someone passes by provo maybe we can carpool as im with out a car right now.

Post imported post

We live in Santaquin. If you want to go, you are more than welcome to ride with us.

(Don't you just love how I am trusting enough to invite an armed stranger into my car? )

Post imported post

well at least you will be armed as well .

that would be great.