Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GUN SHOW

Post imported post

Just putting a reminder out not to forget the gun show at the Dullas Expo. center on the 11 12 13 of April. Hope to see some of you there!:celebrate

Post imported post

I'll definately be there. I hear a Saiga in 7.62x39 calling my name
    Though odds are I'll find something completely different and end up with that like last time and the time before that oh yeah also finally going to join up with the VCDL if I remember.

OK I'm done blabbing :P

Post imported post

Come by the VCDL booth Friday night. I'll be volunteering there!

Post imported post

There's a gun show this weekend (April 5th and 6th) at the Norfolk Scope - the weather is supposed to be bad so come on out and visit us at the VCDL table....

Post imported post

I'll be at the Chantilly show, since it's close enough to where I live that I can ride my bicycle to get there. I'd save the hassle of parking, too, since the parking lot tends to fill up before I get there. Better put the tail rack and panniers on if I plan on buying anything, though =)

Post imported post

I'm going just so I can buy a VCDL hat and maybe a shirt (XX).

Please have some on hand.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I'd also be interested in a VCDL hat...I'll be joining while there.

Post imported post

Stupid question (as I've never been to a gun show in VA). Can you Open Carry at the gun show at the Dulles Expo center next w/e?

Jason

Post imported post

captkirk9195 wrote:
    Stupid question (as I've never been to a gun show in VA). Can you Open Carry at the gun show at the Dulles Expo center next w/e?

Jason
    No loaded guns allowed. They will make sure it is unloaded and zip tie it at the door.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Yes but unloaded and zip tied.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Any plans for a meetup this weekend near the show?

We did one at Five Guys one time. Another time my family and Nakedshoplifter went to Eggspectations afther the show. And of course the picnic on show day.

If there's interest, I'm open to suggestions or I'll find a place.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Can you carry at scope in norfolk?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

When they zip tie it doesn't that mean the slide has to stay back? That'd make it hard to fit a holster (the main reason I want to carry at a gun show).

Post imported post

asforme wrote:
    When they zip tie it doesn't that mean the slide has to stay back? That'd make it hard to fit a holster (the main reason I want to carry at a gun show).
    I can usually jiggle the zip tie so I can close the slide most of the way.

If you want to try it in a holster, most of the holster dealers have clippers and will remove the zip tie while you try it. Then they give you another one before you leave.

Note - most give you another one. They often don't zip tie it themselves. I know many people simply let the new zip tie run through the barrel without being tied off.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

mkl wrote:
    captkirk9195 wrote:

Jason
    No loaded guns allowed. They will make sure it is unloaded and zip tie it at the door.
    And also no loaded magazines.

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    It's only been at Fredericksburg I've ever been asked about magazines, and then only once. I usually have at least one in my pocket or purse.

Post imported post

stan Luney wrote:
    Can you carry at scope in norfolk?
    Yes Stan, you can carry at the Scope. Though the gun must be unloaded. We unload in the parking garage and put our magazines in our pocket. We also zip-tie our own guns - if you put the zip-tie on backwards it doesn't catch and can easily and quickly be removed.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:
    It's only been at Fredericksburg I've ever been asked about magazines, and then only once. I usually have at least one in my pocket or purse.
    It's interesting that you say that Tess. The first time I attended the Fredericksburg show, I ran into an old coworker. We got to talking about what HP she uses and she whips out a loaded magazine and starts to tell me. I cut her off and tell her that I don't think she's suppose to havea loaded mag in here, and she told me that no one mentioned it to her at the door. The nation's show website specifically mentions no loaded magazines, not sure about the Fredericksburg one but I wouldn't be suprised that they'd have the same policy about it.

Post imported post

I guess when they start posting their website on laptops near the door, or projecting their home page on the walls, people might know those things.

In the meantime, I figure don't ask, don't tell.

Post imported post

Last time I went to a gun show at Dulles a round went off. I and the people around me never did figure out if it was a live or a blank, and where exactly it came from.

Does anybody remember that?

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Last time I went to a gun show at Dulles a round went off. I and the people around me never did figure out if it was a live or a blank, and where exactly it came from.

Oh yes, Bohdi and I were both off to the side, talking, when it happened. People were ducking.

I later heard that the building had been struck by lightning; if you recall there was a hellacious thunderstorm outside at the time.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    marshaul wrote:

Oh yes, Bohdi and I were both off to the side, talking, when it happened. People were ducking.

I later heard that the building had been struck by lightning; if you recall there was a hellacious thunderstorm outside at the time.
    +1 I was there too.

Post imported post

I normally only go to the show on Friday, but I did hear about that happening that weekend. Yep there was a thunderstorm if I recall correctly.

I can't wait for the show...I have to make a list of everything I want to get so I don't forget...lots of stuff on my mind!

Post imported post

Another stupid question. In VA, I know from a dealer, you can only buy one gun every 30 days. Does this apply to private sales???? (ex, buy a gun from a dealer on day 1, can you buy a gun from an indivual (not shop) before the 30 day mark?

Jason

Post imported post

I believe it only applies to buying from dealers. Heck I don't think there's a way the state would even know how many private sales go on anyhow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast