• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GUN SHOW

Tac-Man

imported post

Just putting a reminder out not to forget the gun show at the Dullas Expo. center on the 11 12 13 of April. Hope to see some of you there!:celebrate

nova

imported post

I'll definately be there. I hear a Saiga in 7.62x39 calling my name :)
Though odds are I'll find something completely different and end up with that like last time and the time before that :lol: oh yeah also finally going to join up with the VCDL if I remember.

OK I'm done blabbing :p

Bubba Ron

imported post

There's a gun show this weekend (April 5th and 6th) at the Norfolk Scope - the weather is supposed to be bad so come on out and visit us at the VCDL table....

kle

imported post

I'll be at the Chantilly show, since it's close enough to where I live that I can ride my bicycle to get there. I'd save the hassle of parking, too, since the parking lot tends to fill up before I get there. Better put the tail rack and panniers on if I plan on buying anything, though =)

Marco

imported post

I'm going just so I can buy a VCDL hat and maybe a shirt (XX).

Please have some on hand.;)

nova

imported post

I'd also be interested in a VCDL hat...I'll be joining while there.

captkirk9195

imported post

Stupid question (as I've never been to a gun show in VA). Can you Open Carry at the gun show at the Dulles Expo center next w/e?

Jason

mkl

imported post

captkirk9195 wrote:
Stupid question (as I've never been to a gun show in VA). Can you Open Carry at the gun show at the Dulles Expo center next w/e?

Jason

No loaded guns allowed. They will make sure it is unloaded and zip tie it at the door.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Any plans for a meetup this weekend near the show?

We did one at Five Guys one time. Another time my family and Nakedshoplifter went to Eggspectations afther the show. And of course the picnic on show day.

If there's interest, I'm open to suggestions or I'll find a place.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When they zip tie it doesn't that mean the slide has to stay back? That'd make it hard to fit a holster (the main reason I want to carry at a gun show).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

asforme wrote:
When they zip tie it doesn't that mean the slide has to stay back? That'd make it hard to fit a holster (the main reason I want to carry at a gun show).
I can usually jiggle the zip tie so I can close the slide most of the way.

If you want to try it in a holster, most of the holster dealers have clippers and will remove the zip tie while you try it. Then they give you another one before you leave.

Note - most give you another one. They often don't zip tie it themselves. I know many people simply let the new zip tie run through the barrel without being tied off.

eyesopened

imported post

mkl wrote:
captkirk9195 wrote:

Jason

No loaded guns allowed. They will make sure it is unloaded and zip tie it at the door.
And also no loaded magazines.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
It's only been at Fredericksburg I've ever been asked about magazines, and then only once. I usually have at least one in my pocket or purse.

Bubba Ron

imported post

stan Luney wrote:
Can you carry at scope in norfolk?
Yes Stan, you can carry at the Scope. Though the gun must be unloaded. We unload in the parking garage and put our magazines in our pocket. We also zip-tie our own guns - if you put the zip-tie on backwards it doesn't catch and can easily and quickly be removed.

eyesopened

imported post

Tess wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
It's only been at Fredericksburg I've ever been asked about magazines, and then only once. I usually have at least one in my pocket or purse.
It's interesting that you say that Tess. The first time I attended the Fredericksburg show, I ran into an old coworker. We got to talking about what HP she uses and she whips out a loaded magazine and starts to tell me. I cut her off and tell her that I don't think she's suppose to havea loaded mag in here, and she told me that no one mentioned it to her at the door. The nation's show website specifically mentions no loaded magazines, not sure about the Fredericksburg one but I wouldn't be suprised that they'd have the same policy about it.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I guess when they start posting their website on laptops near the door, or projecting their home page on the walls, people might know those things. :)

In the meantime, I figure don't ask, don't tell.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Last time I went to a gun show at Dulles a round went off. I and the people around me never did figure out if it was a live or a blank, and where exactly it came from.

Does anybody remember that?