• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GUN SHOW

ChinChin

imported post

Boat Guy Sr wrote:
Their ammo is GREAT!
I bought 10mm +P JHP's from them last time (first time for me) and it was super stuff. Bought .45 AR and .22 from them this time. Shot some of the AR at the NRA range and then came back to talk to them about it (the lead bullet lube was a trifle smoky but that's what you get for shooting lead, I guess). I would (and have) recommended their ammo without reservation.
The Shipley's are VERY nice people as several others have mentioned.
The "hot" gal (not disputing y'alls assessment) is their daughter.

For all of my griping about the Chantilly show, I must admit (and have admitted) that the GA Arms table is one of the positives. The Shipley's are helpful, friendly, and Mrs. Shipley has a memory like a steel trap. She remembers me every time I show up and exactly what I've purchased in the past. They work with you and are one of the few who sell their ammo at extremely competitive prices to what you can find online (9 out of 10 times their pricing beats online pricing).

LEO 229

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I bought ammo at Georgia arms and they gave me a discount for buying bulk. I like those folks and always buy ammo from them. Plus, the (married) lady who rung me up was super friendly and very HOT.
Are you talking about the absolutely hotdaughter with the highlighted hair there with her mom?

I never noticed the name of the company. I know they were from the South.

CPerdue

imported post

I hope all of you have nothing but the most honorable intentions as Dad is in no way short on ammo.:D

Lysander

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Boat Guy Sr wrote:
Their ammo is GREAT!
I bought 10mm +P JHP's from them last time (first time for me) and it was super stuff. Bought .45 AR and .22 from them this time. Shot some of the AR at the NRA range and then came back to talk to them about it (the lead bullet lube was a trifle smoky but that's what you get for shooting lead, I guess). I would (and have) recommended their ammo without reservation.
The Shipley's are VERY nice people as several others have mentioned.
The "hot" gal (not disputing y'alls assessment) is their daughter.

For all of my griping about the Chantilly show, I must admit (and have admitted) that the GA Arms table is one of the positives. The Shipley's are helpful, friendly, and Mrs. Shipley has a memory like a steel trap. She remembers me every time I show up and exactly what I've purchased in the past. They work with you and are one of the few who sell their ammo at extremely competitive prices to what you can find online (9 out of 10 times their pricing beats online pricing).
Good to know.

When I pointed them out to my girlfriend (I saw they had .45GAP on offer, but didn't see the daughter!), she said "They look like reloads." Didn't help that their sign was also saying "reload supplies."

Since most of my handguns are .40SW, that just about ended it.

[sub]Nothing in the above message constitutes Legal Advice. Material is provided for informational/entertainment or other purposes and is not intended to constitute or be relied upon as Legal Advice. This is not an offer to form an attorney-client relationship. This is not advertising, nor intended to be such. While I am an attorney, I am NOT YOUR attorney.[/sub]

LEO 229

imported post

CPerdue wrote:
I hope all of you have nothing but the most honorable intentions as Dad is in no way short on ammo.:D
No Sir.. I have only the best and true intentions....

Please do not ask me to name them... in any particular order.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
Does anyone know the people who usually has the table set up near the back right corner (but not against the wall) who has a bunch of guns and also has two "trees" that have pegs with guns hanging by the trigger guards? I keep meaning to get a card from them (they usually have a gun or two that catch my eye) but I always end up buying something else before I remember to check what they have there.

Thanks!

I, too, bought a gun from them - my very first handgun purchase, in fact - a Makarov. Reasonable price, and pleasant folks. If you need the name, I can probably go through my old check carbons, but I can't remember how many years ago it was.

IanB

imported post

Yes, Tess keeps all of her gun purchase reciepts in her purse. Shouldn't be too hard to find. She proved this to us Saturday morning when I asked her how much a gun she bought a while back cost her and she whips the bill of sale out of her purse!

I keep my reciepts in the firearm case that came with the gun.

kle

imported post

kle wrote:
nova wrote:
Does anyone know the people who usually has the table set up near the back right corner (but not against the wall) who has a bunch of guns and also has two "trees" that have pegs with guns hanging by the trigger guards? I keep meaning to get a card from them (they usually have a gun or two that catch my eye) but I always end up buying something else before I remember to check what they have there.
I know the people you're talking about--I bought two guns from them a few gun shows ago...can't remember their name, but I believe they're based in Manassas somewhere...or maybe not. I'll have to check my records for my receipts when I get home today...

Drat...I've got the bill of sale for a Ruger SP101 I bought from them, but I didn't get his name or business card (I wound up selling that Ruger and the Ruger Blackhawk I bought from them the previous day during the gun show back in July, and all the paperwork for them disappeared, and I paid in cash so there isn't any other papertrail).

I've got this card, however, which might be from them: Signal Hill Supply, http://signalhillsupply.com/ . Owner's name is "Jake Bullock".

Dunno if that's them or not, though...

nova

imported post

No problem, even if that isn't them, they aren't hard to spot at the show since they're usually in the same spot with the same setup on their table. :)

Was the daughter of the GA arms family there on Friday? Maybe I was so distracted by my list of stuff to buy I didn't notice...but that isn't like me to not notice a female of that nature...:p hehehe

kle

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Is it these guys:

T&R Firearms & Shooting Supplies
Tom Drinkwater
7493 Cedar Knolls Dr
Warrenton, VA 20187-9239
540-347-1597
That's probably them, now that I think about it--I've got their card as well, and the sales receipt for my late SP101 has a scribble of a signature that looks suspiciously like "Tom" written below a "Thank You" (the sales receipt was hand-written).

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Funny thats the same guy I got my SP101. He usually does have some interesting stuff on his table.

kle

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Funny thats the same guy I got my SP101. He usually does have some interesting stuff on his table.
That S&W 586 he's got on his table all the time makes me drool--blued, 6" barrel, decent turn-line, beautiful grips, looks lightly used...I'm kinda surprised it hasn't sold yet, but then there are the people on the other side of the show that have well-used 586s for $150 less, which would make for even better shooters, since I wouldn't be all that worried about the finish at that point.

LEO 229

imported post

longwatch wrote:
BTW I hear LEO229 was in full regalia checking SNs on Saturday.
Naw.. Too busy trying to buy some stuff for myself.

I have needs just like the rest of you. :lol:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
longwatch wrote:

I just can't figure what needs were served by strip searching unrequited. I mean mean whatever floats your boat but please not in public sir.
:lol:

LEO 229

imported post

longwatch wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
longwatch wrote:

I just can't figure what needs were served by strip searching unrequited. I mean mean whatever floats your boat but please not in public sir.
:lol:
Then why did you PM me asking if I hadphotos? :what:

He asked to NOT be taken to the back office. Now that I think of it.. we were near the Georgia ammo booth so maybe he used the opportunity to advertise. :p

nova

imported post

haha those last two comments...:lol:

eyesopened wrote:
Is it these guys:

T&R Firearms & Shooting Supplies
Tom Drinkwater
7493 Cedar Knolls Dr
Warrenton, VA 20187-9239
540-347-1597
Could very well be them. On a side note, I do remember the name Tom Drinkwater...I think he is affiliated with Davidson's Inc. (Gallery of Guns) because when checking some prices there I'm sure his name popped up as an FFL in northern VA.

eyesopened

imported post

Tom is the guy with the dark Grizzly Adams beard if I remember correctly There was another guy working the outside of the booth and this time around he had a cane