• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nor Cal OC dinner - RSVP!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/9375-1.html

The polls are closed. It's official:

Saturday, April 12 at 6:00 PM in Sacramento -- location TBA.

If you can make it at this date and time, please RSVP by sending me a PM. Please include your name, e-mail, and a contact phone number (in case there are any last minute changes). I will confirm your RSVP via e-mail.

Please RSVP no later than Sunday, April 6, as I will be making a reservation for our party.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

(bump)

We now have 8 RSVPs; making a group of 9! (We actually had 10, but had one cancellation due to a family illness.)

I'm very happy to see that we're getting such a good turnout, including people from all ends of the state, and even a guest from Nevada. I can't wait to get there and finally meet some of the great minds and brave souls that our fighting for our freedom.

If you haven't made a reservation yet, and really want to go... don't worry, you still have time to do so! Just send me a PM no later than Sunday night and I'll make sure we have a table big enough for you.

This is going to be a blast!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Can you guess who's coming from Nevada? Anyone from Reno need a ride?I have room in the back of my roomy Chrysler 300C Hemi!
We have 10 for dinner so far, and I'll be making our reservation Monday.

Consider this your last call. Cutoff for RSVPs is 9:00 PM Sunday!

FreshTapCoke

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Can you guess who's coming from Nevada?  Anyone from Reno need a ride?  I have room in the back of my roomy Chrysler 300C Hemi! 

Bueller? Bueller? Bueler? =D

Decoligny

imported post

I want details.

I was the one who planned on attending but couldn't make it. I spent the last 9 days in Oklahoma as my wife's sister had just passed away after a seven year battle against cancer. My wife has spent the last two month caring for her sister's every need. My wife and I just got back in California this afternoon, unfortunately, Southern California, so there was no chance of my making it to the dinner.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

OCDODinner4-12-08001.jpg

Details?

Met for dinner at 6PM. Hung out waiting for attendees in front of the restaurant for about 10-15 minutes. Got seated. Chatted. Ate. Took a couple of commemorative photos. Our party was at the restaurant for three hours. Certainly enough time for police to respond, if called. I didnt hear anyone say anything about our state of being armed.

It was a pleasure to meet our dedicated attendees who came from the far reaches of the state to just share dinner. Its the sort of thing that makes me wanna stand up and cheer. It was certainly an honor to get together for this common purpose- to lawfully stand up for our rights as a free people in defiance of tyrannical oppression.

This, no doubt, is only the first of many events.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

In case you're wondering, the picture above is, from most important to least (just kidding... left to right):

CA_Libertarian, Roy, Cato, ConditionThree, FreshTapCoke, and Juice.

We got another picture inside the restaurant that included an additional armed patron (known on this forum as "supersonic"), along with some friends who weren't armed.

All told, we had an awesome turnout! 7 armed men, 3 unarmed men, and 2 unarmed women. We had 3 more who where unable to make it to this historical occasion.

So, how was it?

Aside from a couple double takes, it was as it should be: just another normal day in CA. Oh yeah, then there was that couple that was shy about getting out of their car as we milled about the parking lot. I think one asked, "Is [the restaurant] open?" (The parking lot was packed.)

Oh and if any of you were wondering, the venue we chose was the Outback Steakhouse on Howe Ave. I'm a huge fan of irony, and loved the idea of holding this historic event in an Australian-themed restaurant. (In case you aren't aware, Australians suffer some pretty extreme gun control - a la UK.) I only wish that this irony was intentional.

In fact, the venue was selected merely because it was easy to get to and was one of the few places we could find that didn't fall in one of those pesky 'gun free school zones.' (My gun is adament in its refusal to enter those places... which means the law is working...right?)

The food was great, the wait staff was friendly and fairly attentive, and nobody fled in fear for their life. Well worth the trip! If you didn't make it to this one, be sure to make it next time!

HUGE props to the folks that made that long haul from the LA-area to Sacramento! What was a 6-hour trip for me is a 2-day trip for them. Thank you for putting in the time and money it takes to do that.

Thanks to everyone that made the trip from the various locations around the state. It really made my day that you all were there. I look forward to doing this again!

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Oh, and another good thing came out of this trip. This dinner really got the wheels turning for one of the friends I brought. On the drive home he was asking all sorts of questions about gun selection and the purchasing process. He also seems to be genuinely interested in open carry now (finally, after being exposed to it every weekend since I started to carry).

He always has been supportive of what I've been doing, but didn't seem interested in participating. So, thanks for helping me get my buddy interested in the struggle to regain our rights!

FreshTapCoke

imported post

As expected, it turned out to be a genuinely nice group of people, open-carriers and non-carriers alike. The whole dinner went without any incident. No questions or objections were ever raised by the staff.

Thank you again, CA_Libertarian, for bringing us together this weekend. It was an honor to meet everyone who attended.

cato

imported post

I think they also liked the 30% tip!:D While waiting for the table the resturant invited us to sit at the bar. But we chose to sit outside and await the rest of the party.Later, "fresh tap cokes"and ice teas (not long islands:p) were the beverage of choice by all.

Great to meet everyone!

Thank you toall (especially the "pathfinders", ConditionThree and Ca_Libertarian for leading the way!)for your efforts to improve the safety and understanding of the People's Right to actually be SAFE while in public, which I also firmly believe acts as a strong visual deterrent and reminder to those who would pray on the weak and defenseless that there are still AMERICANS in California who are willing and able to do our civic duty responsibly and safely!

This and other such events continue toDISPROVE theMYTH that Californians are not like the rest of Americans and are against or terrified ofthe lawful, peaceful, public carry of defensive firearms.