• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nor Cal OC dinner - RSVP!

Juice

imported post

Yes, definitely an awesome event!
rockon.gif

After the dinner, my friend Todd and I went to Wal-Mart to get some items so he could try his hand at OC as well. There were some interesting looks given by people. The best reaction we got was an employee who was walking by saw his gun first and mumbled some comment. Then she saw mine and said "Oh! He's got one too!" in a surprised manner. Had to be there moment.

On the plus side, we talked to four people who came up to us asking about our firearms, and they all turned out to be a positive encounter for all. One lady was so nice that she actually thanked us for what we were doing.
:monkey

FreshTapCoke

imported post

That's great news, Juice! My girlfriend was excited that she got the chance to meet a real cowboy. (yeah, we're city folk)

Here's the picture from indoors

f_IMG1659m_a74677f.jpg

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Here's a partial caption for the second photo (to get the people who weren't in the first pic):

Far left is supersonic (who was carrying)
Sitting unarmed at the table (left to right): Beau & Miranda (friends I brought along) and Todd (Juice's friend who got kicked by a bull earlier in the day, but still made it out for dinner.)

The only names I don't remember are the two guests not in this picture. One is FreshTapCoke's girlfriend (who was taking the picture). The other was supersonic's teenage son (I guess he was just camera shy).

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Probably a bit premature to start discussing the 'next one.' But we did discuss that a bit over dinner. We discussed the possibility of the next dinner being held somewhere in SF, and maybe inviting a reporter to do a story. Nothing set in stone yet, we were just tossing around ideas.

My hope is that next time we'll plan a little further in advance. I think more people would turn out if we plan further in advance. Of course, this is probably a good 6-12 months away, so there's plenty of time to plan it out.

cato

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Probably a bit premature to start discussing the 'next one.' But we did discuss that a bit over dinner. We discussed the possibility of the next dinner being held somewhere in SF, and maybe inviting a reporter to do a story. Nothing set in stone yet, we were just tossing around ideas.

My hope is that next time we'll plan a little further in advance. I think more people would turn out if we plan further in advance. Of course, this is probably a good 6-12 months away, so there's plenty of time to plan it out.
I know a large public place like Outback is good for exposure or "testing the waters" but I'd really like to go to a small mom and pop style restaurant who would really appreciate the business. Maybe some place in San Fran that has been the victim of an armed robbery and would welcome the safety of armed patrons? That would also bring in a nice human interest side to any publicity storywe seek next time.