• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any chance of a RDU/Raleigh-Durham/Triangle area get together?

yonder

imported post

warrior_oh58d wrote:
I'd love to be there as long as i'm back from iraq in time...perhaps we could push it back a little? either way i'm in as long as i can make it

I think we should stick to the late May date and then just do this again when you get back from Iraq. :cool:

yonder

imported post

I'm by no means in leadership of anything here but I dislike seeing too much indecision or politeness getting in the way of action. :p

If it were me, I'd like to see at least two gatherings per month. One mid-week dinner. And the other would be on a weekend, maybe an early breakfast to avoid conflicting with mid-day and evening activities.

Really we need something like VCDL for NC. GRNC is probably the closest thing we have but other than sending them $$ every year, I'm not aware of any regular meetings or community surrounding the organizations. What we really need I think is a state-wide Open Carry club with local chapters meeting regularly. Imagine a bunch of guys getting together on saturday mornings for breakfast, or wednesday nights for dinner in public places, all openly carrying, and none of them are mowing down the poor children. :lol:

Ideally I'd love to see something like this be more than just social. I'd love to see this group organize to send letters to legislators, or heck even pay them a visit. Organize efforts to have laws changed, to have existing laws better understood by cops, to condition the public to seeing that a holstered pistol is not something they need to fear, etc.

But baby steps, man. Baby steps.

warrior_oh58d

imported post

you're right on the money there yonder, i'd love to see an organized "front" to educate folks in good ole' nc about responsible handgun ownership and what open carry is about. perhaps a north carolina open carry association would be in order....hell we could even have t-shirts printed up to look "official"