Thread: Help With Poll on Guns on Trains in Atlanta

Post imported post

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...ge_tab_newstab

The poll is on the left hand side.

The Georgia General Assembly has one day left (tomorrow), so this poll might make a slight difference in the impression of some legislators. Let them know we agree with what the Senate did!

www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Done, Sir. I hope to be a Georgia resident in the next couple of years and would like to have the same options that we have in Virginia. Even better in Georgia, since Gov. Kaine vetoed our own restaurant carry in this legislative session. Yep, I'm a member of GCO, too.

Post imported post

Done! %74 so far.

I am just dumbfounded by those that think someone who puts themselves out there above everyone else to willingly get finger printed and have big brother snoop around in our past records, in some cases get photographedby the local police, Payhigh costs for training, licensing and equipment andwould actually begoing through all that hassle just so they could commit crimes galore or shoot at a waiter that brought them a raw steak... It just does not happen. When the crap hits the fan everyone calls the guys with the guns, every single time. I would just as soon have a gun with me and not have to rely on someone else.

Post imported post

DoubleR wrote:
    Done, Sir. I hope to be a Georgia resident in the next couple of years and would like to have the same options that we have in Virginia. Even better in Georgia, since Gov. Kaine vetoed our own restaurant carry in this legislative session. Yep, I'm a member of GCO, too.
    I knew you were, and thank you for joining. Make sure to introduce yourself after you arrive.

Post imported post

Yes 87.51% 5654
    No 12.49% 807
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Any information as to how this turned out? From the OP the GA was to vote on this on 4 April 2008.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Passed. Sent to Governor Perdue for Signature. See Georgia Packing for some details & GCO, too.

Post imported post

Thanks for the info! I have a close friend who's mother moved to Atlanta a few years ago. He hates visiting her because his mom always eats out and he can't carry. He's going to be excited.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Provided that Governor Perdue signs the bill, and I'm also sure that he will, I believe that it becomes law July 1, 2008. Being in Virginia, but hoping to move to SW Gerogia in a couple of years, I think that's when current passed legislation takes effect. Also, be sure to join GCO - they are doing a splendid job in Georgia.