• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

paddle holsters

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Blackhawk Serpa - one for Sig 220 and one for a 1911 and love them both.
launch.png

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

davychanchan wrote:
anybody OC with a paddle holster? what brands?
Many of us carry with a Blackhawk CQC SERPA leval II or III using the paddle attachment.

DreQo and a few others often/usually carry in a Safariland ALS holster and IIRC do use a paddle attachment at times. If you look through this sub-forum you will see that there are a few others who carry Uncle Mike's or Fobus (although Fobus has been mostly out of favor since a certain YouTube video) paddle holsters.

nova

imported post

Until I get a Bianchi thumbsnap holster for my .45, it is carried in an Uncle Mike's kydex paddle holster, with the retention screws tighter than normal (makes it harder for someone else to grab since it's open top. Though no one gets that close to my strong side if I can help it.) The type of plastic and way it is constructed around the paddle attachment, it seems very strong and unlikely to break easily.

mazellan819

imported post

I use to carry in a cheep crossman holster I baught at walmart for $5 which worked rather well.  Now I have a g22 and I carry it in a Blackhawk serpa lev II with the paddle and love it.  It is very comfortable and easy to conceal if needed.

Eagleeye

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
I use to carry in a cheep craftsman holster I baught at walmart for $5 which worked rather well. Now I have a g22 and I carry it in a Blackhawk serpa lev II with the paddle and love it. It is very comfortable and easy to conceal if needed.

You are kidding, right?:shock:

mazellan819

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
mazellan819 wrote:
I use to carry in a cheep craftsman holster I baught at walmart for $5 which worked rather well.  Now I have a g22 and I carry it in a Blackhawk serpa lev II with the paddle and love it.  It is very comfortable and easy to conceal if needed.

Nope! Why?

It was a very secure holster with a retention strap. I have seen similar models that are for real guns. There was absolutely no difference in them.

This is what it is. I still have it too. It fit a wide variety of handguns.

DocV

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:
mazellan819 wrote:
I use to carry in a cheep craftsman holster I baught at walmart for $5 which worked rather well. Now I have a g22 and I carry it in a Blackhawk serpa lev II with the paddle and love it. It is very comfortable and easy to conceal if needed.

Nope! Why?

It was a very secure holster with a retention strap. I have seen similar models that are for real guns. There was absolutely no difference in them.

This is what it is. I still have it too. It fit a wide variety of handguns.
When you wrote "Cheap Craftsman holster" I was picturing something for a tool belt...

Eagleeye

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
Ya I didn't realize that I meant crossman not craftsman :uhoh: lol until I re read my last post so its changed now.
Hence my post, had me thinking you used a cordless drill holster...

streetdoc

imported post

I use a Safariland Paddle Holster made for a Sig 226. I carry aCZ40B and it is difficult to find specific holsters for it the Safariland works good even on my motorcycle.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
davychanchan wrote:
Many of us carry with a Blackhawk CQC SERPA leval II or III using the paddle attachment.

DreQo and a few others often/usually carry in a Safariland ALS holster and IIRC do use a paddle attachment at times. If you look through this sub-forum you will see that there are a few others who carry Uncle Mike's or Fobus (although Fobus has been mostly out of favor since a certain YouTube video) paddle holsters.
LOL Is it that obvious? :p Actually I DON'T have a paddle for my holster, yet, all though I want one. I'm getting tired of threading my belt in and out of my holster all the time, and my belts look like they're getting tired of it, too! FWIW, Davychanchan, I rarely buy anything unless I have overly analyzed and researched it, so the fact that I'm going to get a paddle for my holster should say something lol. The only concern I ever really had was whether it would stay in my pants if someone tried to snatch it out. After many conversations, and testing someone else's paddle holster, I'm no longer concerned.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DreQo wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
davychanchan wrote:

LOL Is it that obvious? :p Actually I DON'T have a paddle for my holster, yet, all though I want one. I'm getting tired of threading my belt in and out of my holster all the time, and my belts look like they're getting tired of it, too! FWIW, Davychanchan, I rarely buy anything unless I have overly analyzed and researched it, so the fact that I'm going to get a paddle for my holster should say something lol. The only concern I ever really had was whether it would stay in my pants if someone tried to snatch it out. After many conversations, and testing someone else's paddle holster, I'm no longer concerned.
What pants retention level paddle are you going to get? :p

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well hey now, I think I phrased that right...didn't I? I did say the problem was whether IT would stay in my pants, IT being the holster. Right? lol :)

Euromutt

imported post

I have a Blade-Tech paddle holster, though I wouldn't OC with it since the only retention it has is the grip on the trigger guard (though that's pretty firm). However, their Tech Gear Level II holster is available with a paddle, among other attachments, such as the Sting Ray belt loop and Tek-Lok.

The nice thing with the Blade-Tech belt holster and Tech Gear holster is that the attachments are interchangeable, so you can buy the holster with one attachment, buy the other attachments separately, and swap them out as needed.