• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GMU Students for Concealed Carry - Event TONIGHT - Philip Van Cleave, President of VCDL

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

When: TONIGHT - Thursday, April 3 at 5pm
Where: Johnson Center, 3rd floor, Room G
Who: Philip Van Cleave, President of Virginia Citizens Defense League
What: The impeccable record of gun owners and a gun safety course
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=9283694599

REMINDER: GMU's (questionable) gun ban only applies to buildings and atheletic events - if you were to say, open carry outside buildings after the event, you are not at all violating even GMU's bogus rule!

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There is one problem though, that creeps up. That is at GMU, the only visitor parking is in one of two parking decks. If they could consider a parking deck a building, then visitors won't be able to carry from their car to the "outside" according to the bugus anti gun rule.

If this concerns anyone, I would suggest parking off campus on the sholder of Roberts road across Braddock road from campus. You can get a map of what I am talking about by entering the search terms: "Braddock Rd andRoberts Rd Fairfax, VA 22032" into google maps. There is a nice graveled sholder there, and plenty of room to park, by the time 5:00 comes along.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

dixiehacker wrote:
There is one problem though, that creeps up. That is at GMU, the only visitor parking is in one of two parking decks. If they could consider a parking deck a building, then visitors won't be able to carry from their car to the "outside" according to the bugus anti gun rule.

If this concerns anyone, I would suggest parking off campus on the sholder of Roberts road across Braddock road from campus. You can get a map of what I am talking about by entering the search terms: "Braddock Rd & Roberts Rdhttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wlFairfax, VA 22032" into google maps. There is a nice graveled sholder there, and plenty of room to park, by the time 5:00 comes along.http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
But if you plan to attend the meeting inside a building while armed, you are already violating their (questionable) reg.

Neplusultra

imported post

Mike wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:

If this concerns anyone, I would suggest parking off campus on the sholder of Roberts road across Braddock road from campus. You can get a map of what I am talking about by entering the search terms: "Braddock Rd & Roberts Rdhttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wlFairfax, VA 22032" into google maps. There is a nice graveled sholder there, and plenty of room to park, by the time 5:00 comes along.http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
But if you plan to attend the meeting inside a building while armed, you are already violating their (questionable) reg.
If you're not associated with GMU all they can do is ask you to leave, correct? You wouldn't be in any trouble unless you refused to do so. Would knowing the rule ahead of time (from say this forum and not from GMU) make you liable for trespass "on the spot"?

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
dixiehacker wrote:

When suggesting that parking spot, I was thinking of your hypothetical about carrying outside the building after the talk. Still, you can save yourself a $7.50 donation to the GMU parking services by parking off campus.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
If you're not associated with GMU all they can do is ask you to leave, correct? You wouldn't be in any trouble unless you refused to do so. Would knowing the rule ahead of time (from say this forum and not from GMU) make you liable for trespass "on the spot"?
That is what campus police have told several folks who have called.

nova

imported post

Excellent event. PVC did a great demonstration on gun safety, and made me want to get a CZ83 now ;).

I got to answer some questions from a reporter again tonight just as I did yesterday as well. Spoke to one of the reporters who was from one of the campus media groups, who said before this week they were very anti-gun, but now they've began to question a lot of the gun controltalk they've bought into.

:celebrate

Neplusultra

imported post

nova wrote:
Excellent event. PVC did a great demonstration on gun safety, and made me want to get a CZ83 now ;).

I got to answer some questions from a reporter again tonight just as I did yesterday as well. Spoke to one of the reporters who was from one of the campus media groups, who said before this week they were very anti-gun, but now they've began to question a lot of the gun controltalk they've bought into.

:celebrate
So did anyone besides Mr. PVC (Polyvinylchloride?) pack heat tonight? Or was anyone at all?

nova

imported post

Philip Van Cleave(PVC, as he abbreviates it in the VA-ALERTs) had brought a cutaway CZ83 to use to demonstrate the safety rules. He wasn't OCing. I know at least one person WAS OCing.

eyesopened

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
I only saw one guy OCing (front row, right side)

<sarcasm>What!? I didn't hear that their was a shootout! Maybe the news was late... </sarcasm>

I wanted to make it to PVC's presentation, but didn't have the time. I was able to make the John Lott one on Wednesday and it was informative. $4 to park in the parking garage did suck though.

nova

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:

I think he may have scared the reporters when he got up before PVC started and said "WHO HERE'S FROM THE MEDIA?!"

haha I got a good laugh out of that when the reporters slowly started raising their hands :p

I couldn't tell what was being carried though, since I was towards the back of the room.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
fairfax1 wrote:

I think he may have scared the reporters when he got up before PVC started and said "WHO HERE'S FROM THE MEDIA?!"

haha I got a good laugh out of that when the reporters slowly started raising their hands :p

I couldn't tell what was being carried though, since I was towards the back of the room.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Do they really buy into the gun-control lies that thoroughly?

nova

imported post

Citizen wrote:
nova wrote:
fairfax1 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Do they really buy into the gun-control lies that thoroughly?
I'm willing to bet, yes. Some people are die hard anti-gunners who cower at the sight of a gun. The same people you see do this :what: