Thread: No OC at Winco

Post imported post

Just got off the phone with the Winco corporate office. The guy I talked tosaid that the manager on duty has the authorityto ask anyone OC'ing to either conceal or leavethe store.

He asked me why I wouldn't just leave my gun in the car while I'm shopping. I told him thatunlessWinco can guarantee mysafety in the store and that my car won't be broken into I wouldn't be able to do that.

He said 'a kid might run up and grab the gun and there would be an accidental discharge.'

I told him that I have been shopping at Safeway and Fred Meyer instead of Winco and hadn't had any problems there and I didn't see why the one manager at Winco had to make a problem. He said if any employee feels his safety is threatened then that is the problem.

I told him that I would continue shopping elsewhere and that was it.

Post imported post

Do you have an email address so the rest of us can let them know we'll be taking our money elsewhere?

Post imported post

Mike Reed
    208-672-2011

He never answered the phone when I called but he called me back when I left a message so you'll probably get voicemail.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Wierd, I've OC'd at the Marysville, Kent, and Federal Way stores with no issues whatsoever. Of course the people at Marysville know me very well for my late night shopping runs (Winco is open 24 hours).

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Just keep carrying unless you have received actual notice yourself. They will come around like WalMart and most other establishments.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

I too have done some late night shopping at the Marysville WinCo. For the most part I'm totally ignored, however once I did notice the clerk being unable to keep his eyes off the gun while he rang up my purchase.

Post imported post

I just found a picture of the WinCo manager that started all this:

Question of the day: Why are there always more Horse's Asses than there are Horses?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Just keep carrying unless you have received actual notice yourself. They will come around like WalMart and most other establishments.
    Was at the Federal Way Walmart waiting on my grandmother and was standing at the edge of the main asile when I got the stink eye from a older gentleman. He went and got a floor manager and pointed me out. I heard her words loud and clear "Its legal in Washington, plus its holstered." We smiled at each other and the gentleman left in a huff. I wonder what his feeling would have been had grandma opened her handbag and showed him her .380 auto?