• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No OC at Winco

nathan

imported post

Just got off the phone with the Winco corporate office. The guy I talked tosaid that the manager on duty has the authorityto ask anyone OC'ing to either conceal or leavethe store.

He asked me why I wouldn't just leave my gun in the car while I'm shopping. I told him thatunlessWinco can guarantee mysafety in the store and that my car won't be broken into I wouldn't be able to do that.

He said 'a kid might run up and grab the gun and there would be an accidental discharge.'

I told him that I have been shopping at Safeway and Fred Meyer instead of Winco and hadn't had any problems there and I didn't see why the one manager at Winco had to make a problem. He said if any employee feels his safety is threatened then that is the problem.

I told him that I would continue shopping elsewhere and that was it.

nathan

imported post

Mike Reed
208-672-2011

He never answered the phone when I called but he called me back when I left a message so you'll probably get voicemail.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Wierd, I've OC'd at the Marysville, Kent, and Federal Way stores with no issues whatsoever. Of course the people at Marysville know me very well for my late night shopping runs (Winco is open 24 hours).

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I too have done some late night shopping at the Marysville WinCo. For the most part I'm totally ignored, however once I did notice the clerk being unable to keep his eyes off the gun while he rang up my purchase.

amlevin

imported post

I just found a picture of the WinCo manager that started all this:

thumbnail.aspx

Question of the day: Why are there always more Horse's Asses than there are Horses?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Mike wrote:
Just keep carrying unless you have received actual notice yourself. They will come around like WalMart and most other establishments.

Was at the Federal Way Walmart waiting on my grandmother and was standing at the edge of the main asile when I got the stink eye from a older gentleman. He went and got a floor manager and pointed me out. I heard her words loud and clear "Its legal in Washington, plus its holstered." We smiled at each other and the gentleman left in a huff. I wonder what his feeling would have been had grandma opened her handbag and showed him her .380 auto?