• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help understanding

ScottFNP40

imported post

Ok I've got my brain in a mess now. I live in Ohio where it's legal to OC at age 18. Now a problem I am running into is it looks to me that I can carry alright, but who ever furnished the handgun to me is in violation of the law. I will be contactin my local judge and the ATF to get a definate answer on this IN WRITING of course. I would just like to know what you guys think. I will be carrying my AR for now until this is resolved:lol:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

The law only states that you cannot buy one from a Federal Firearms License holder.

You can buy one from anyone who is not a Federal Firearms License holder, and also recieve themas gifts, inheritance, etc. If someone had a handgun they decided they didn't want they are free to give it to you or sell it to you.

The problem only comes in place if someone buys it from an FFL specificallywith the intent of delivering itto someonewho cannotbuy a gun. Just don't allow that to happen and everything is okay.

I'm 18, and legally own and carry handguns.

Have fun carrying your AR-15. I wish I had one!

Aran

Banned
imported post

ScottFNP40 wrote:
Ok I've got my brain in a mess now. I live in Ohio where it's legal to OC at age 18. Now a problem I am running into is it looks to me that I can carry alright, but who ever furnished the handgun to me is in violation of the law. I will be contactin my local judge and the ATF to get a definate answer on this IN WRITING of course. I would just like to know what you guys think. I will be carrying my AR for now until this is resolved:lol:

I would strongly suggest NOT carrying your AR if you have as many holes as you're comfortable with already.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Sorry.:X I'll have to be careful before somebody gets arrested due to my bad advice. :shock: I know NVwell, I can't speak forOhio.

imperialism2024

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Yes, it is very surprising about OHIO being so communist in regards to 18 to 20 year olds. There is a huge discussion about this over at The High Road. A parent cannot even legally give their 18-20 year old child a handgun for their personal use.

Just a nationwide trend to throw those 18-20 years old into a "second-class citizen" category. We are expected to function in society as adults, and are given the same responsibilities as full-fledged adults, but are given handicapped rights.

ATCer

imported post

Seems pretty straight-forward... join the military!;)

ATCer

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Having went into the military at 17 myself (20+ years ago)and being able to serve my country but NOT be served alcohol, I hear you!
Yeah, that was a bummer for me too.