Thread: No To Knives, British anti self defense movement

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Just sad. The RKBA in my mind includes sharp things.
    H/t Michael Bane Blog
    http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2008...-blogging.html
    Next week the U.K. ban on single-edged swords such as samauri swords goes into effect — you must visit No To Knives and see what the New World Order has in store for us! Swords have been banned in Scotland, the land of the claymore and Scottish dirk, since late 2006, with the exception of reenactors and people who want to dance with drone blades...

Clan McBane weeps for the diluted blood of a once-great people! I mean, I know the whole island will be an Islamic "republic" under sharia law in my lifetime, but still...oaths of blood and iron and all that...you know, there's a knifemaker in Scotland, near Loch Ness, who crafts beautiful sgian dubhs out of hammered Damascus steel blades and bog oak mined from Culloden Moor...something else toadd to the list of things to get while one still can...
    http://www.ntk.org.uk/

Post imported post

I tried to post this on the "pledge wall", but it didn't work. Maybe the server exploded when it saw what I wrote...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

I tried posting on the wall "Carry a Gun, Knives NO" Tag ntk4a7 but it will not come up when requested. We Americans are so EVIL.

Post imported post

casullshooter wrote:
    I tried posting on the wall "Carry a Gun, Knives NO" Tag ntk4a7 but it will not come up when requested. We Americans are so EVIL.
    Yup, I think we broke British. Whoops.

Post imported post

So when do we invade? I figure it should 3 girl scout troops, 15 red bulls and a 5-iron and we can create that new nation we've all been dreaming about. One where government is beholden to the people, where you can 2A morning, noon, at night and twice on Sunday. Where people can still tar and feather politicans when they forget their place and where there is no Paulie Shore.

We'll call it. . .New Virginia.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

State Researcher

Post imported post

They moderate all the postings...

The .44mag is brilliant! I just scribbled something about sheep...

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    They moderate all the postings...

The .44mag is brilliant! I just scribbled something about sheep...
    Thanks

Bah, I thought they would just be posted automatically until someone complained. Oh well. It just said "uploading" for mine, then froze there...

Post imported post

Wait. Wait. You're telling me this site is for real?!?!

I was damn sure it was some clever satire, meant to horrify people with its imagery of a dark street watched over by an all-seeing surveillance camera, replete with 1984-esque doublespeak slogans. But this is actually serious, totally unironic?

Unbelievable. :shock:

sv_lib: they may moderate postings, but I don't think they caught this one! Kudos to whoever's responsible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Heh, and I just found one that said "Boston Tea Party" immediately above another that just said "CCW."

Post imported post

Nice, I guess this site is getting around the pro-gun boards...

State Researcher

Post imported post

I sent one in that may get by... SA1911 B FREE OC

Post imported post

"Be Sharp." "Be one of the million to pledge not to carry a knife."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I can see it now. Hundreds (or as they claim), one million British sheeple valiantly putting their knives in their sock drawers. "I made a pledge...."

Wow.

God Bless America.

Post imported post

Some gems from the Pledge Wall:

"Knives is bad!"

"I hate shanks"

"Please don't shiv me!"

The ominous "Lay down your arms"

and my personal fav "Knives hurt when they kill you..."

Thanks for the warning...

Post imported post

In the intro: more and more people are carrying knives in the mistaken belief they will provide protection; in fact many of the victims of knife attacks have their own knives used against them ....

Where have we heard that argument before? Hhhmmm, thinking, thinking, OH yeah, people who have guns in their homes are more likely to have the gun used against them or a family member than they are to stop a violent crime.

Do these people not have any original arguments? Are the sheep so stupid as to not recognize the same tired erroneous argument time and again about every single damn thing that does not involve the gov't taking care of them?

Apparently, the solid majority of freedom loving, testicle carrying men in Britain either immigrated here or died in WW I & II.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

LMAO!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

OMG...I'm so glad we left those tarts! If not, I would PERSONALLY start the Revolution!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    OMG...I'm so glad we left those tarts! If not, I would PERSONALLY start the Revolution!
    Oh, come on. Who'd follow an Italian starting an American revolution?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hey now! I was born and raised here and though I'm of Italian (and Irish)decent,it's Hot American blood that flows through these veins!

Italy actually had a couple players in the Revolution:
    http://www.niaf.org/research/contribution.asp#amrev

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Hey now! I was born and raised here and though I'm of Italian (and Irish)decent,it's Hot American blood that flows through these veins!

Italy actually had a couple players in the Revolution:
    http://www.niaf.org/research/contribution.asp#amrev
    Yeah, yeah.

You'd better let somebody else handle the PR.I don't think "For Liberty and Pasta!" is going to get very far.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.