• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No To Knives, British anti self defense movement

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Just sad. The RKBA in my mind includes sharp things.
H/t Michael Bane Blog
http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2008/04/sorry-for-light-blogging.html
Next week the U.K. ban on single-edged swords such as samauri swords goes into effect — you must visit No To Knives and see what the New World Order has in store for us! Swords have been banned in Scotland, the land of the claymore and Scottish dirk, since late 2006, with the exception of reenactors and people who want to dance with drone blades...

Clan McBane weeps for the diluted blood of a once-great people! I mean, I know the whole island will be an Islamic "republic" under sharia law in my lifetime, but still...oaths of blood and iron and all that...you know, there's a knifemaker in Scotland, near Loch Ness, who crafts beautiful sgian dubhs out of hammered Damascus steel blades and bog oak mined from Culloden Moor...something else toadd to the list of things to get while one still can...

http://www.ntk.org.uk/

casullshooter

imported post

I tried posting on the wall "Carry a Gun, Knives NO" Tag ntk4a7 but it will not come up when requested. We Americans are so EVIL
lol.gif

ChinChin

imported post

So when do we invade? I figure it should 3 girl scout troops, 15 red bulls and a 5-iron and we can create that new nation we've all been dreaming about. One where government is beholden to the people, where you can 2A morning, noon, at night and twice on Sunday. Where people can still tar and feather politicans when they forget their place and where there is no Paulie Shore.

We'll call it. . .New Virginia.

imperialism2024

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
They moderate all the postings...

The .44mag is brilliant! I just scribbled something about sheep...

Bah, I thought they would just be posted automatically until someone complained. Oh well. It just said "uploading" for mine, then froze there...

Stealth Potato

imported post

Wait. Wait. You're telling me this site is for real?!?!

I was damn sure it was some clever satire, meant to horrify people with its imagery of a dark street watched over by an all-seeing surveillance camera, replete with 1984-esque doublespeak slogans. But this is actually serious, totally unironic?

Unbelievable. :shock:

sv_lib: they may moderate postings, but I don't think they caught this one! Kudos to whoever's responsible. :cool:

Attachments

• ntk.JPG
    ntk.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 159

Rey

imported post

"Be Sharp." "Be one of the million to pledge not to carry a knife."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I can see it now. Hundreds (or as they claim), one million British sheeple valiantly putting their knives in their sock drawers. "I made a pledge...."

Wow.

God Bless America.

Rey

imported post

Some gems from the Pledge Wall:

"Knives is bad!"

"I hate shanks"

"Please don't shiv me!"

The ominous "Lay down your arms"

and my personal fav "Knives hurt when they kill you..."

Thanks for the warning...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In the intro: more and more people are carrying knives in the mistaken belief they will provide protection; in fact many of the victims of knife attacks have their own knives used against them ....

Where have we heard that argument before? Hhhmmm, thinking, thinking, OH yeah, people who have guns in their homes are more likely to have the gun used against them or a family member than they are to stop a violent crime.

Do these people not have any original arguments? Are the sheep so stupid as to not recognize the same tired erroneous argument time and again about every single damn thing that does not involve the gov't taking care of them?

Apparently, the solid majority of freedom loving, testicle carrying men in Britain either immigrated here or died in WW I & II.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
OMG...I'm so glad we left those tarts! If not, I would PERSONALLY start the Revolution!

Oh, come on. Who'd follow an Italian starting an American revolution? :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hey now! I was born and raised here and though I'm of Italian (and Irish)decent,it's Hot American blood that flows through these veins!

Italy actually had a couple players in the Revolution:
http://www.niaf.org/research/contribution.asp#amrev

Yeah, yeah.

You'd better let somebody else handle the PR.I don't think "For Liberty and Pasta!" is going to get very far. :)