• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri-Cities Kennewick Members

Bullbuster

imported post

Was just wondering who here on the WA section is from the Tri-Cities namely Kennewick area. I was born and raised there, Kamiakin class of '97. My entire family still lives there.

Paratrooper82

imported post

I am currently in Iraq, going back to Ft Bragg NC, but I am from the Yakima Valley and go through/visit family in Kennewick frequently. Transferring to Ft Lewis as soon as I can when I return to the states. Too bad I have to wait 2 more years until I can open carry.

heresolong

imported post

Paratrooper82 wrote:
I am currently in Iraq, going back to Ft Bragg NC, but I am from the Yakima Valley and go through/visit family in Kennewick frequently. Transferring to Ft Lewis as soon as I can when I return to the states. Too bad I have to wait 2 more years until I can open carry.
Can't you open carry in Iraq? With an FA rifle no less? You got it so good. :)

Thanks for your service, btw.

Dave The Welder

imported post

I'm from Kennewick as is Wes, one of my friends on the board who goes by trainer62. We've had several OC lunches in Kennewick and OC together all the time when I'm there. I'm currently at WSU, but I'll be back and OCing there all summer. Wes lives permanently in Kennewick and OCs there all the time. We've never had any problems with the police. We're both out of Southridge HS; I'm class of '04, he's '03.

bigswedegml

imported post

Im new on here, I am in Kennewick. I have thought about open carry, but am hesitant due to not wanting to get harrassed for it.

Paratrooper82

imported post

Go Cougs!!! Former WSU student. Heh.

Yeah. Open-carry of M4...woo-hoo...it gets old after having to do it for 10 months straight...madatory. Yaaaay. Yeah, how bout no.

But anyway. I know I'll be getting a CPL once I turn 21, considering my closeness to military installations. But thats a topic for another time.

Stay safe.

-PFC John V.

Tekman

imported post

Heh going back and re-reading this topic I see that I get to be "ye olde farte" of the thread.

Little intro of myself. My name is Rob. I'm a former member of the USN where I served six years. I'm an active NRA member and I've been a hunter/target shooter since I was about nine. I'm a Techno Serf for a local school district but my degree is in Criminal Justice. I just applied for a CPL after a lapse of about 9 years and plan to carry concealed for the most part.

LongRider

imported post

Paratrooper82 wrote:
First off pleased allow me to thank you for your sacrifice and service. I honestly think that you guys are the best this nation has ever produced. Never in out history have we asked so much from so few and had so many stand up.

Second, IMO anyone who as answered the call to serve should; Not only be granted the absolute right to carry any weapon they qualified while serving this nation but you should be given any and all weapons you carried in service of this country. I am sorry that you are not given the respect that you have earned. Stay safe and come on home whole. Send me a PM when you get to WA

Bullbuster

imported post

No thanks needed. But if you must start with those that never made it home.

I'd have to disagree on that. I spent 2 years working base security and we had folks that should never be allowed near a gun. I pistol whipped a young E-2 on gate duty with me one night for quick drawing on me 3 times with his own gun. Afterwords found out the safety was off. Needless to say he was downloaded for 6 months and had to requall with his weapon.

Some folks are only out for the image of carrying a gun gives them, while others like the majority of us are in it for the personal protection aspect.

Tekman

imported post

Seen that a few times. A STG3 in my division was twirling a (thankfully unloaded) 1911A1 on his finger and dropped it over the side. It was never recovered but I assume that one of the USN divers that was called in went home with it stuffed in his gear. There were 6 duty MAAs on board and I was one of only three allowed to wear a weapon full time for the duty rotation.