• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at DMV

danbus

imported post

I took my brother to get his driver license at the DMV located in Hampton. I wanted to OC because I can and it was a beautiful day. While standing in line, a young gentleman got my attention.

What do ya know, he was OCing too! What a rare sight! What are the odds?!

Even better, he is a member of OCDO!

YAY!

Bubba Ron

imported post

danbus wrote:
I took my brother to get his driver license at the DMV located in Hampton. I wanted to OC because I can and it was a beautiful day. While standing in line, a young gentleman got my attention.

YAY!
Please giveWilliam our congratulations!!!! Hopehe can make it to Kanpai on Tuesday evening too!!!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

danbus wrote:
What a rare sight! What are the odds?!
Whatever the odds are, they're getting better by the day. :celebrate

OC is getting more publicity than ever, and even the attempts by the antis to smear us go nowhere. The stories and editorials keep us in the public eye, so with more and more people realizing they can OC, a certain percentage will try it. It seems there are more newbies coming on board than ever before.

By the way, who WAS the OCDO member you saw?

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
danbus wrote:

OC is getting more publicity than ever, and even the attempts by the antis to smear us go nowhere. The stories and editorials keep us in the public eye, so with more and more people realizing they can OC, a certain percentage will try it. It seems there are more newbies coming on board than ever before.

A guy in my new shop at work open carried the other night for the first time.

danbus

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
danbus wrote:

I believe he said his handle is "catpoop". Seriously.

Sleepless

imported post

danbus wrote:
Dutch Uncle wrote:
danbus wrote:

I believe he said his handle is "catpoop". Seriously.
Dan I have searched the OCDO records and there is no member with the name catpoop, catcrap. catshit, or catfeces on here according to what the search concluded.

Myridian

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
danbus wrote:

YAY!
Please giveWilliam our congratulations!!!! Hopehe can make it to Kanpai on Tuesday evening too!!!
I don't think I've ever voluntarily missed out on a sushi meal. I'll be there! :celebrate

Sleepless

imported post

Myridian wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
danbus wrote:

YAY!
I don't think I've ever voluntarily missed out on a sushi meal. I'll be there! :celebrate
Is the sushi so fresh that when you speak to it, it answers back?? :lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP So does this count as a Unicorn sighting?
Not per the definition of a "unicorn."

Unicorn, yoo'- nuh- korn',noun. An open carrier who spontaneously decided to OC withoutthe advice or influence of a 2nd Amendment organization. So called because of the extreme rarity ofindependence-minded, self-reliant individuals who woulddo such a thing.

Reproduced with permission from Citizen's, Official Dictionary of OCDO.:)(Playful comment folks. There is no such thing.)

Bubba Ron

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Unicorn, yoo'- nuh- korn',noun. An open carrier who spontaneously decided to OC withoutthe advice or influence of a 2nd Amendment organization. So called because of the extreme rarity ofindependence-minded, self-reliant individuals who woulddo such a thing.

Reproduced with permission from Citizen's, Official Dictionary of OCDO.:)(Playful comment folks. There is no such thing.)
Say it aint so....:shock:

Rey

imported post

I feel like a n00b. I went to the DMV in Vienna yesterday and left my gun in the car...:banghead:

It's only federal buildings you can't carry in right??

Dammit...

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Rey wrote:
I feel like a n00b. I went to the DMV in Vienna yesterday and left my gun in the car...:banghead:

It's only federal buildings you can't carry in right??

Dammit...
Right you are. We had some trouble with some DMV offices a while back, but VCDL had them edumacated. Memos went out, so the DMV workers now know about the legality of OC. If memory serves, some of the trouble was caused by private security guards who assumed that mere citizens shouldn't be able to carry guns.

I've OC'd at the Gloucester Point DMV and had no issues. Then again, I've been "getting old" a lot longer than Danbus, so people rarely mess with me.
:cool:

Rey

imported post

Well. I'm not gonna have to go back there for a very long time. hahaha. I missed my one and only chance.