• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In my new state

N00blet45

imported post

I recently moved to Kentucky after last month after getting out of the USAF and I started OCing as soon as I got here. It's been awesome. I haven't had any problems at all in the few weeks I've carried. The most I've gotten were a few looks and a question of whether I'm a LEO or not.

I live in Oneida, it's a very small town in Clay county, about 40 miles east of London. But I've carried everytime I've left the house, even in Lexington without any trouble. My only gripe is that there aren't more people carrying. :D

reefteach

imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
I recently moved to Kentucky after last month after getting out of the USAF and I started OCing as soon as I got here. It's been awesome. I haven't had any problems at all in the few weeks I've carried. The most I've gotten were a few looks and a question of whether I'm a LEO or not.

I live in Oneida, it's a very small town in Clay county, about 40 miles east of London. But I've carried everytime I've left the house, even in Lexington without any trouble. My only gripe is that there aren't more people carrying. :D

Perhaps they are not open carrying, but you can bet that they are conealed. Add to that the fact that one does not need a license to carry a loaded firearm in the car. Most conealed carriers are pro open carry also. Most just don't do it.

reefteach

imported post

mike m wrote:
this was my new state approx. 10 mos. ago been o.c. every day since sans permit and love it to death.

HaveI already mentioned to you that I know Benton? I lived in Paducah for a summer, and I still vacation at a lakehouse in Gilbertsville near the Moore's Marina.

If you ever hear any old timers talking about two guys whos pontoon boat died,so theypaddledit 2 miles to shore, in the dead of night, with a broom and a canoe paddle, it is true; and it was me and my friend. We would have just fished all night, but we ran out of beer.:banghead: . Thehouse was stocked full.

tito887

imported post

I will eventually be a kentucky resident in the future when I start going to Lousiville University. So I'm gonna be happy to not be worrying about concealing when it can just be open.