• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UW Seattle Members?

Stealth Potato

imported post

The bookstore encounter was me. Just a couple of SPD bike cops, apparently responding to a 911 call. They were polite enough, but they still tried to claim OC was illegal, though I'm pretty sure they knew otherwise.

Anyway, yeah, Monday might be more convenient. I'm free starting at about 12:30 to 1:00, so any time after that would work for me.

krazichinaman

imported post

Monday would work for me but I'm not free until 3:30. Let me know if everyone is still down for a lunch.

Is anyone here interested in participating in the SCCC empty holster protest? I'm currently in the process of working out plans for the event and wanted to know who would like to participate. (EG answer questions, for Q n A, hand out flyers,give a short speechetc.)

just_a_car

imported post

Monday I'm free after 12:30pm. Maybe we get together around 1pm, eat, then sit around over coffee/beverages and chat until 4:30pm and allow Brian to show up and have some food/drink?... Just a suggestion.

As for the empty holster protest... I REALLY want to help out..... But; as I said before, my holster will be busy doing "other things". I'm not sure about you guys, but I sure feel 'naked' going out without it now that I normally carry on a daily basis.

just_a_car

imported post

So, we didn't really get a location settled I'm going to go ahead and call it for Burgermaster and if that falls through and/or we get kicked-out, there's lots of options over in the U-Village and an Azteca's down the street.

I'll be at the Burgermaster around 12:45pm and will be sitting in the "upper" area to the left when you walk in (you'll know what I mean when you get there), wearing a blue dress shirt and light blue jeans.

I highly recommend the burgers and the Tom & Jerry milkshake.

carhas0

imported post

I'll try to make it today. The earliest I could come is a little after 1pm and I don't know how long I can stay because I have a paper due tomorrow.

just_a_car

imported post

It went great, Sean made it and so did Trip (stealth potato).

We were there for two hours and were noticed by at least three patrons and I'm pretty sure all of the wait staff saw mine.

We had a lot of good chats and I had seen the article in the Daily and we were talking a lot about that.

No MWAG calls that I'm aware of, or if there was, there was no police response. They were probably too busy with the Dhali Lama that was at Hec Edmundson Pavilion.