• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A new take on the Mar 16 trolley ride.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Sorry, was getting myself mixed-up. It was SV-lib that had that happen. I'm at school trying to get two lab reports done and study for two midterms... all for tomorrow. My brain's not exactly all in one piece at the moment.
LOL. Lt. Wilson knew of OCDO when I spoke with him, I think maybe Lonnie had brought it to his attention about a year before my first incident. I simply reminded him of it, and also gave him links to the discussions I had started. Like to keep people in the loop, especially when public opinion counts. :D

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

This trolly system is a common carrier, no? I think that means that common law and federal law requires they take all comers. Raise this issue with them if problems continue.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

The transit is a municipal authority. They tax, can exercise eminent domain, etc... as such they are bound by state law. RCW 9.91.025 allows for the lawful transport of firearms and ammunition on transit vehicles or on transit property. That said they can't do squat about a lawfully carried firearm. Which reminds me I need to bug Mason Transit again...

compmanio365

imported post

Latest correspondence:
Dear Mr. Gullickson,

Once again please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to this very important mater. As you may or may not be aware I have been called away from the office and have just returned. As this matter is of such high importance Sound Transit has been corresponding with other transit agencies as well as local, state and federal authorities to ensure that a proper response is provided. It is my expectation that I will be able to provide you with a response by early next and will make every effort to keep this matter at the highest priority until this issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patients in this matter.

Best regards,

Cleve

[align=center][size=

]
[/size]
[/align]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:52 AM
To: Cleveland, Cleve
Cc: Compton, Kelly
Subject: Re: FW:

[size=][/size]

Mr Cleveland,

I am writing due to the fact that it is now May 28th, a full month after your last correspondence, and I have not seen any update on this issue. I do not understand what could be taking so long to come to the conclusion that Sound Transit must be compliant with applicable state law, and that it would be a good idea to train Sound Transit employees as to what the correct law is, to avoid such incidents as ours in the future.

I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to have some closure to this issue and to make sure that steps are in place to prevent any further incidents regarding the lawful carry of a firearm on Sound Transit. If I can do anything to help bring this issue to a close, or if there is anyone else I can contact to accelerate this process, please let me know.