Thread: What is it worth? OPINIONS Wanted

Post imported post

I am just looking to get opinions on what you think my rifle is worth. It has been shot maybe 300 times. It has a mossberg barrel and bolt. Unknown brand of scope, with cover. Beautiful wood finish. Limbsaver Resonator. And some thing at the tip, I was told it keeps the barrel from flying up when you fire it. Has a shoulder strap with ammo holders, and an ammo sheath that is on it to hold ammo. Beautifully custom made. What do you think it is worth?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Samantha~

State Researcher

Post imported post

Nice rifle, have no idea the value. The thing at the end of the barrel is called a muzzle break. The shoulder strap is more commonly refered to as a sling. Hope this helps.

Post imported post

Model and caliber would help with the value estimate. The round thingy half way down the barrel is a dampener to improve accuracy.

Post imported post

what's it worth to you? guns are kinda like used cars, they might have a value associated with them.... but the real value is in your opinion.

I'd get it if the price was right for me, from the picture it's pretty enough.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    What make/model and caliber? That is a nice looking rifle, I would be interested in buying it if you weren't so far away. I live on Whidbey Island.
    Whidbey is far away from Olympia? What the hell has the Navy become if from the southern end of Puget Sound is a long way from 3/4 of the way up the Sound?

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    The thing at the end of the barrel is called a muzzle break.
    Nit: "muzzle brake"

Post imported post

It's probably worth about $30. Drop it in a box, put it in the mail and I'll send you a check.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    What make/model and caliber? That is a nice looking rifle, I would be interested in buying it if you weren't so far away. I live on Whidbey Island.
    Whidbey is far away from Olympia? What the hell has the Navy become if from the southern end of Puget Sound is a long way from 3/4 of the way up the Sound?
    LOL. Heck, one can take the BUS from Oly to Whidbey. Costs about $3.50 and takes about 3 hours to get to Mukilteo, maybe a bit longer.
    Factor in the ferry ride and a run up the island even to Oak Harbor, I could go from Oly to Oak Harbor and get there in time to have a nice dinner at China Harbor...

Post imported post

What caliber? And how accurately does it shoot?

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:
    It's probably worth about $30. Drop it in a box, put it in the mail and I'll send you a check.
    Haha, nice one.