• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My XD-45 mods

JTknives

imported post

i just got done painting my XD45 and thought i would post some pictures of it. i filled in the words on each side of the slider with white fingernail polish. i also polished the barrel and jewelled it. what you think. i will be packing it when i go to salt lake for the get to gather.

1669.jpg

1670.jpg

1671.jpg

1672.jpg

:what:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

That look great! I am also curious how you polished and jeweled the barrel. And how did you apply the nail polish without making a mess? Since we are showing off custom stuff, here is my "custom" SERPA holster.

OCDO.jpg

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I like it a lot, it provides great retention. I also have a leather Galco Side Snap Scabbard. That Galco has to be the most comfortable holster I have ever worn, and it holds the pistol closer to my hip.

JTknives

imported post

my leather sheath is a De Santis that does not use a belt but has the molded suport that slips inside the pants (paddle). i like it because i can remove it without undoing my belt.