• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlton Heston dead at 84

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

R.I.P Charlton.

The Ten Commandments will always be a classic.

And how many times as a kid did you go around saying "Getyour stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape."

LEO 229

imported post

For those that do not know... he was the president of the NRA for a few years.

In June 1998, Heston was elected president of the National Rifle Association, for which he had posed for ads holding a rifle. He delivered a jab at then-President Clinton, saying, "America doesn't trust you with our 21-year-old daughters, and we sure, Lord, don't trust you with our guns."

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
For those that do not know... he was the president of the NRA for a few years.

In June 1998, Heston was elected president of the National Rifle Association, for which he had posed for ads holding a rifle. He delivered a jab at then-President Clinton, saying, "America doesn't trust you with our 21-year-old daughters, and we sure, Lord, don't trust you with our guns."
I would bet most all gun culture people know where Mr. Heston stood on the Second Amendment and the NRA.

We have truly lost an American icon and a hard and fast supporter of the Second Amendment and our most treasured rights. I have some sayings from him in a collection with at the moment is in my desk at work. I'll try to remember to go through them and post them here.

hsmith

imported post

Sadly, he is one of the last in lefty land who supports the right to defend ones self.

Now all the morons have double speak. say guns are horrible but have armed body guards.

Maybe since aston kutcher has been seen open carrying he will pick up the cause - but he is no where near the man as Heston

LEO 229

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Sadly, he is one of the last in lefty land who supports the right to defend ones self.

Now all the morons have double speak. say guns are horrible but have armed body guards.

Maybe since aston kutcher has been seen open carrying he will pick up the cause - but he is no where near the man as Heston
Maybe he can "Punk" some of people the in office and have it gun related. :D

Tomahawk

imported post

This man will be sorely missed. He took a lot of flack in LA LA land for the positions he took. In addition to being a RKBA activist, he was also a civil rights activist back in the 60s. I'll never forget him holding that long rifle up. RIP, Mr. Heston.

And don't you guys forget: Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!

Soylent_Green.gif

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/lULr1p4DZh8&hl=en[/flash]
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/yFRx-QoIKBM&hl=en[/flash]
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/NwH4oZOA8YY&hl=en[/flash]
Just five words
[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/O0B_UZNtEk4&hl=en[/flash]

Flintlock

imported post

I have a DVD containing a lot of his speaches related to RTKBA. He was a very inspirational and articluate speaker and he will be a sorley missed member of the pro-freedom and pro-2nd amendmentteam.

It's a damnshame that he won't be around for the SCOTUS decision in June.