• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My CPL

ArmedTiger

imported post

When I picked up my CPL back in '03 I came across a sight that totally took me off guard. A lady that I had graduated high school with was a Sherriff's deputy and she was working at the Genesee County Courthouse entrance. I had never thought of her as the type who liked or even respected guns, but here she was working a job where she was OCing. I know that she knewthatI was there when she saw me leave with that packet that you are given when you pick up your license, to get my CPL. I did not get a chance to say anything more than "hello, How are you doing?" She was working and I was on my way to work. To this day I wonder what was going through her mind as she saw that. Was it the same that i thought about seeing her with a pistol on her hip, or was it something of a "Well, now that figures."?

harley2003rkc

imported post

Who know's, I don't think most of us put that much thought into it. My only concern when CCW'ing or OC'ing is that I follow the law. I've never really given any creedence to what others thought of my firearms. They either respect the fact that I'm enforcing my rights or they believe I should'nt be enforcing my rights. If they stand on one side they will have my respect, if they stand on the other they deserve no rights!