Thread: Would banks get robbed still?

Post imported post

I was just thinking since learning of this wonderfully magnificent forum. how about the OCing of Class III firearms. Think about it. if those North hollywood types try to rob a bank with a bunch of Class II OCing people, I would say that the police would be the least of their worries. All that body armour that those two jerks had on would not prevent them from being turned into human lead sacks. Anyone else have any opinion on this? please feel free to share.

Post imported post

I don't think any degree of citizen carry of any weapons is going to stop all bank robberies, muggings or pretty much any specific type of crime. In the "Old West" where many people carried firearms or had often both a rifle and pistol near at hand, criminals still robbed banks, trains, stage coaches, etc. Citizen carry of any type of firearms, of any class, only equalizes the playing field and increases the likelihood of citizen survival. In enough numbers I think it is a distinct deterrent to petty criminals who want to steal a quick buck. But the hardcore criminal types have been with us for millenia and aren't going away.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

As I understand it, at least some NFA/Class 3 items are legal to carry in Pennsylvania, provided you carry the paperwork for them with you.