• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would banks get robbed still?

ArmedTiger

imported post

I was just thinking since learning of this wonderfully magnificent forum. how about the OCing of Class III firearms. Think about it. if those North hollywood types try to rob a bank with a bunch of Class II OCing people, I would say that the police would be the least of their worries. All that body armour that those two jerks had on would not prevent them from being turned into human lead sacks. Anyone else have any opinion on this? please feel free to share.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think any degree of citizen carry of any weapons is going to stop all bank robberies, muggings or pretty much any specific type of crime. In the "Old West" where many people carried firearms or had often both a rifle and pistol near at hand, criminals still robbed banks, trains, stage coaches, etc. Citizen carry of any type of firearms, of any class, only equalizes the playing field and increases the likelihood of citizen survival. In enough numbers I think it is a distinct deterrent to petty criminals who want to steal a quick buck. But the hardcore criminal types have been with us for millenia and aren't going away.