• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Republican Convention

Ajetpilot

imported post

Yesterday, I open carried while participating as a delegate at the Kitsap County Republican Convention. During the eight hour meeting, I was approached by many people who were genuinely curious about Washington State firearms laws. I handed out a lot of our pamphlets, and educated many people.

At the caucuses several weeks ago, I submitted for consideration by the platform committee, a change to one plank of the county platform. Yesterday, the new plank was unanimously approved by voice vote. The previous plank read, “We support the constitutional right of the people to keep and bear arms…” It now reads, “We support the constitutional right of the individual to keep and bear arms…” Changing one word doesn’t seem like much, but I think it is quite meaningful. Judging from the applause that followed the vote, others felt the same way.

Ajetpilot

imported post

irfner wrote:
In a constitutional setting the term "the people" refers to individuals.
Perhaps you are correct, but you will have to explain that to the Brady Bunch who feel that gun ownership is a "collective right" as opposed to an "individual right". The Supreme Court will not rule on D.C. vs Heller until June. Hopefully, they will affirm that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right. Until then, it is important to have politicians running who support the Second Amendment as an INDIVIDUAL right.

t3rmin

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
Unfortunatly the convention held in Snohomish county was at a School.
Lewis Co was at a courthouse. :(

just_a_car

imported post

Someone (or someones) need to give the Republican party in this state a heads-up that they're (hopefully) inadvertantly excluding a lot of their supporters from their conventions because of their choice of location.

Machoduck

imported post

The term "collective right" drives me up a wall. What is it supposed to mean? That we have a right to form a collective? That a collective right to bear arms means that we have a right to obey the militia commander's order to go get our guns once the enemy is on our shores? That joining the Army is OK but self defense is not?

Silly questions, actually. The term is just more jibberish from people who want to sweet talk us out of our rights. Have you ever noticed that every argument advanced by the anti-gun crowd is shown, sooner or later, to be horse pucky. Just another in a very long list of dopey arguments that I've been hearing for 50 years.

In those 50 years I've seen us gradually defeat every one of these horse pucky arguments. The result has been heartening. Look at the huge increase in the number of states allowing CCW. The polls seem to indicate that even the Great Unwashed have begun to see the light. The job is by no means over but I think that we at OCDO are doing something very right and I'm proud to be associated with you folks.

MD