Thread: Blackhawk dissapointment

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA

Post imported post

Well, I wanted to get a serpa for the SW40VE I bought but they don't make one. Theonly one that I have been able to find is the FOBUS paddle, but I believe I read that they can break away if pulled to hard?? Does anyone have any thoughts or input on a good/great holster? I am looking for a paddle holster with an adjustable cant, and level 2 retention.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Check out Safariland's ALS line of holsters. I did sort of a review on them here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/5499.html

They make their holsters for most handguns, so I would be surprised if they didn't make one for yours.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Check out Safariland's ALS line of holsters. I did sort of a review on them here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/5499.html

They make their holsters for most handguns, so I would be surprised if they didn't make one for yours.

Thanks for the info. I had already checked out that post and looked at safariland. They do make one for my particular gun, just trying to find the best place to oreder it from, and/or, if there are any other holsters out there that might be better etc. Thanks for the help DreQo

Mike

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The Serpa for Glock 20,21 and M&P 45s fits the Sigma. I've tried it myself.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    does it fit snug, or did you have to make "modifications". Just curious is all. Hopefully that will work then and I can go pick one up at Bass pro shop.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I used it with my SW9VE and it fit as well as it does with the one I have for my XD.

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    does it fit snug, or did you have to make "modifications". Just curious is all. Hopefully that will work then and I can go pick one up at Bass pro shop.

Post imported post

so is the cant on them adjustable? I cant remember if it was when I looked at them

State Researcher

Post imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    so is the cant on them adjustable? I cant remember if it was when I looked at them
    Yes, they're preset, though by screws. You unscrew the belt/paddle attachment, and you can cant forwards, backwards or level.

State Researcher

Post imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Do that at your own risk, friend.

State Researcher

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Definitely a warning worth heeding; however, I took into consideration that the Sigma series was so much of a duplicate with regards to the Glock, that Glock took them to court for a patent violation (which they later resolved by shaving a few millimeters off of an internal component.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Definitely a warning worth heeding; however, I took into consideration that the Sigma series was so much of a duplicate with regards to the Glock, that Glock took them to court for a patent violation (which they later resolved by shaving a few millimeters off of an internal component.
    Noo, I'm talking about buying a blackhawk holster, period!

State Researcher

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Wynder wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Noo, I'm talking about buying a blackhawk holster, period!
    Bah!

A good deal of the guys in Delaware Open Carry use them for our every day carry holsters. I use mine for competition, so I'm presenting from the holster very often. Personally never had an issue and recommend them to anyone who asks about a L2 holster.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    *snip*
    Bah!

A good deal of the guys in Delaware Open Carry use them for our every day carry holsters. I use mine for competition, so I'm presenting from the holster very often. Personally never had an issue and recommend them to anyone who asks about a L2 holster.
    But umm...you see, what blackhawk calls a "level 2", is really only level 1.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Wynder wrote:
    *snip*
    Bah!

LOL Here we go again. I read the OTHER 30 page post (might be a SLIGHT exageration) about Blackhawk, level 2 and the true definition, and ensuing argument about the levels of holsters.

State Researcher

Post imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    Wynder wrote:
    *snip*
    Bah!

LOL Here we go again. I read the OTHER 30 page post (might be a SLIGHT exageration) about Blackhawk, level 2 and the true definition, and ensuing argument about the levels of holsters.
    I'm just sayin...

Post imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    Well, I wanted to get a serpa for the SW40VE I bought but they don't make one. Theonly one that I have been able to find is the FOBUS paddle, but I believe I read that they can break away if pulled to hard?? Does anyone have any thoughts or input on a good/great holster? I am looking for a paddle holster with an adjustable cant, and level 2 retention.
    I bought a S&W 4006 and wanted a Serpa holster. After looking at several holsters I fitted mine to a H&K P30. I had to make a few "modifications" though.

I fits well now.

TJ

Post imported post

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to stop by bass pro shop and see if they have any on the way home from work tonight. I am going to pick one up if they do and wear it sunday for the grocery shopping trip with the family. Will let you guys know how it go's, and what I think.

P.S. Dreqo, If any one try's to "snatch and grab" my sidearm, after I break there arm in half, I will happily let them know that while the serpa holster is REALLY a level I holster, my breaking there arm made it a level II. Their mistake. :celebrate

State Researcher

Post imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to stop by bass pro shop and see if they have any on the way home from work tonight. I am going to pick one up if they do and wear it sunday for the grocery shopping trip with the family. Will let you guys know how it go's, and what I think.

P.S. Dreqo, If any one try's to "snatch and grab" my sidearm, after I break there arm in half, I will happily let them know that while the serpa holster is REALLY a level I holster, my breaking there arm made it a level II. Their mistake. :celebrate
    lol Yeah. Don't get me wrong,IF they work properly, the Serpas hold onto the weapon great! I just don't like that they say their product is something that it's not.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Well whatever level it is a Sigma will fit without modification. It will be a tiny bit loose but adjusting the tension screw may fix that.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    lol Yeah. Don't get me wrong,IF they work properly, the Serpas hold onto the weapon great! I just don't like that they say their product is something that it's not.
    +1

Absolutely agreed. Great product, but the name is borderline false advertising.

Post imported post

Well, I got it. Carried it all day sunday, without incedent. Relatively comfortable with the paddle, and Certainly more secure (IMO) than it was in the fobus. Fit very well other than being slightly loose, forwad and backward, but I believe that will be easily fixed. Thanks for all the help guys!!

P.S. bought a surefire while I was out also. What a great light! I think I will give the maglite's to the kids to play with!!

Post imported post

Could someone recommend a shoulder hoster for the Trurus (Judge) 45/410 model with 2 1/2" barrel?

Thanks

Post imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    Got to love mall ninja's :quirky:quirky:quirky:quirky

Post imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
    mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    Got to love mall ninja's :quirky:quirky:quirky:quirky
    It was a joke ... note the dancing banana ....
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."